A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- La Liga and gaming developer SportsHero, based in Singapore, signed a second exclusive partnership for the league to reinforce engagement with its Malaysian fans. SportsHero will become the regional partner in the Sports Prediction App category until the end of the 2019/20 season, having already agreed a similar deal in Indonesia.
- Juventus mentioned the possibility of playing Serie A matches abroad in order to grow its marketing outside Europe. This follows a trend of European leagues seeking to expand their reach by taking advantage of additional markets, including America.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- The Chicago Fire Soccer Club has named Kyle Sheldon as its new Senior Vice President of Marketing. The longtime Seattle Sounders FC and D.C. United executive will oversee all Club marketing, advertising, creative services, and brand identity. “Kyle is an important hire for our Club,” stated Chief Operating Officer John Urban. “He’s a well-respected and well-known executive in our industry who has dedicated the majority of his career to help to grow the sport in the United States and Canada.”
- The MLS is expanding its esports presence through an expansion of its current partnership with EA Sports. The soccer league is adding Atlanta United, DC United, and FC Cincinnati to the eMLS competition ahead of the 2019 season. All events will be played exclusively on PlayStation 4.
Join us at PORTADA LOS ANGELES on March 15, 2019 at the Loews Beach Hotel Santa Monica, where we will dive deep into sports and soccer marketing’s preeminent topics. Felix Palau, VP Marketing, Heineken will discuss “How to measure ROI and transfer best practices between sports marketing platforms”. Other speaking engagements include Tiago Pinto, Global Marketing Director, Gatorade who will provide answers to the question: “Will Corporate America jump on the soccer opportunity?”Attendees will also be able to benefit from Portada’s meet-up service of three-eight-minute meetings with top brand executives!
- Univision Deportes is launching “Cerebros del Futbol,” a series that will present “the human side of the coaches, soccer stars and personalities that are shaping the game today.” Hristo Stoichkov will interview each soccer luminary, while Luis Omar Tapia will narrate each installment. The show premieres on Thanksgiving Day at 9p on UDN.