The digital advertising and media world, more so in the U.S. Hispanic and Latin American markets, is evolving at a breathtaking pace. For example: Facebook has won the social networking battle in most Latin American countries and definitely in the U.S. Hispanic market; Advertisers buy audiencies, or even “buy buyers” of their products (lead generation).
Latin Digital Powerhouses adapt and even anticipate these trends in order to remain competitive. This is the case of Argentina headquartered FNBox. Until recently Sonico was one of the companies main assets. This has changed. We recently talked to Damian Molina, US Country Manager & LATAM Sales Director at Fnbox.com, who updated us on the development of the company. According to Molina, FNbox has 5 different business units:
- Social Sites: FNBox owns social sites include social network Sonico.
- Telecommunications and E-Commerce: Cloncom and Recarga.com and soon to be launched Phonico.com sell prepaid phone cards in more than 20 countries.
- Datam: A lead generation platform that allows publishers to monetize their registered users and also allows to access FNBox to access millions of users throughout the U.S., Latin America, Spain, Portugal. Datam operates as a performance marketing agency generating leads for direct clients and agencies.
- Daily Deals. Earlier this year FNBox bought Cuponica, an Argentinean online coupon company. In mid-December the new Cuponica Platform will be launched in several countries. The new platform will leverage the FNBox database.
- Online Adnetwork: A new online ad network is development. According to Molina, it still has to be decided whether it will operate as an independent unit or will be integrated into Datam.