The Week in Soccer Marketing
A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- The Philadelphia Union signed a marketing agreement with the Franklin Group, which is now the preferred promotional printing partner for the team's owner, Keystone Sports & Entertainment. The club will work on enhancing the fan experience in new, creative ways. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- MLS partnered with U.K.-based live-streaming service DAZN in a three-year deal to bring MLS Live to DAZN platforms.
- MLS will be streaming select league games for the first time in China, thanks to a partnership with China Sports Media, a leading sports marketing agency.
- MLS LIVE and MLS Direct Kick will be back for the 2018 season. Fans in the U.S. will enjoy free access to MLS out-of-market streaming games via MLS LIVE until the launch this spring of ESPN+. Following the spring launch, MLS LIVE will be available to fans exclusively on ESPN+ subscription.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- YouTube TV announced a multi-year agreement with the Seattle Sounders, to become the team’s official streaming platform.
- Pepsi launched soccer campaign titled Pepsi Generations, which features international soccer players that include Leo Messi, Marcelo, Toni Kroos, Carli Lloyd, Dele Alli and Giovani dos Santos. Promos will run alongside the brand’s official UEFA Champions League partnership.
- LaLiga launched LaLiga Esports with the first phase rolling out nationally across Spain before expanding internationally. The league said that the decision was prompted by sponsors interested in investing in the esports sector.
- Latin American soccer streaming service Fanatiz signed an agreement with MP & Silva to live stream all Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana games carried in the US and Canada.
Check out the stars of Portada's Sports Marketing Board, who will meet at Portada Miami on April 18-19 to discuss various topics related to the future of marketing and innovation in sports. Register now!