A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Aeroméxico signed a sponsorship deal with Dutch soccer club PSV, to become the team’s official airline until 2019. The financial terms of the agreement have not been released.
- English soccer team Arsenal extended its long-running shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates for five more years. The airline’s logo will remain on the front of the shirts and on the training kit until the end of the 2023/24 season. The financial terms of the agreement have not been released.
- FC Bayern Munich and FC Dallas have announced a comprehensive partnership, the first of its kind, to exchange talent, allowing players to experience different coaching styles and settings to enhance their development.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Univision Deportes will broadcast Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League on UDN, Univision Deportes Radio, and its digital platforms, featuring Univision Deportes’ team of broadcasters.
- FC Barcelona is likely to reach its goal of 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion) in sales ahead of schedule, thanks to broadcast rights and tickets surges, President Josep Bartomeu stated. According to Bloomberg, “the world’s third-largest soccer team may reach 900 million euros in revenue this season, a jump of more than 20 percent on the previous 12 months.”
- Argentina’s National Soccer Association (AFA) signed its latest sponsorship deal with food company Mostaza. The deal hasn’t been made official yet, but Mostaza’s logo already appears on AFA’s official sponsor’s list.