A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Pac-12 Networks will carry 66 live women’s soccer games in 2018, beginning Aug. 17 with four matches highlighting the opening night. All Pac-12 universities will appear on the Networks at least seven times in 2018, with Stanford leading the way with 13 appearances.
- FOX Sports has recorded its two most-watched days of the 2018 FIFA World Cup over the last weekend with an average viewership of 3,875,000 on Saturday and 3,158,000 on Sunday. Sunday’s Colombia/Poland match was the most-watched match of the day and drew 4,555,000 viewers on the FOX broadcast network and FOX streaming sources.
- Forbes has announced that FC Barcelona is the greatest football club in the world in terms of the quality of its sponsorship deals. The club’s annual income of 247 million US dollars is 45 million more than that of Manchester United and 47 million more than Real Madrid, who are ranked second and third. While FCB’s income was up by 15 million US dollars, Manchester United’s was down by 12 million in 2017, and Real Madrid’s by 16 million. These figures include both kit and stadium sponsorship agreements.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Telemundo Deportes’ Spanish-language presentation of 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia has now reached 25.7 million viewers in the first 10 days of the tournament’s Group Stage through Saturday, according to Nielsen data. Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation also scored records, surpassing one billion live minutes streamed last Saturday.
- Rwanda is defending its multi-million dollar deal to sponsor the Arsenal soccer team, by telling politicians from European donor countries it is “none of their business”. Rwanda reportedly paid the London club $40 million to have Arsenal players wear the “Visit Rwanda” tourist board logo on one sleeve.