What: We looked at the top 15 online retail sites by visitors in the US in June of this year and how they scored in number of visitors.
Why it matters: Visitors to Macy’s website fell slightly in June, putting it in the last place according to comScore’s latest ranking of the top 15 e-commerce websites in the US for June of this year. Kohl’s surged ahead two spots, nipping on the heels of Best Buy. Target continues to have the largest online following of customers among traditional and off-price department stores, as well as ranking ahead of the home improvement big-box chains The Home Depot and Lowes.
|Number of visitors to the Top 15 e-commerce sites in the US, June 2018|
|Total Audience, Home and Work, PC/Laptop||949,169|
|Site||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Apple.com Worldwide sites||65560|
|The Home Depot||47879|
|Best Buy sites||33513|
- Amazon, Wal-Mart, eBay, Apple.com and Target held on to their positions as the top five online retail sites in number of visitors in June.
- com saw a slight decrease in visits from 67,102 in May to 65,560 in June.
- Macy’s slipped to last place in the June ranking, with just 3.4 percent of all visits compared to 3.7 percent in May.
- Lowe’s managed to move up from last position in May to 11th place in June, but it, too, saw a decrease in visitors from 38,635 in May compared to 35,757 in June.
- Online visits decreased slightly in June compared to May for all of the sites ranked, except for eBay which saw a very slight increase.
- The Home Depot made a big move up in rankings compared to May, surging ahead to sixth place, ahead of Etsy.com, Samsung Group, and WISH.com
- Home Depot’s online sales continue to outpace Lowes.
- Amazon continues to overwhelm the entire field of competitors ranked, with more than 21 percent of all online visitors measured in June and May by comScore.