SALES LEADS: Hispanic Heritage Foundation, SuperValu Inc., Lucozade…
A summary for Corporate Marketers, Media Sales Executives and Advertising Agencies to see what clients are moving into the market and/or targeting Multicultural consumers right now.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation
H Code Media, digital advertising agency focused on the US Hispanic market, announced it has been named by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF), a non-profit dedicated to increasing the number of Latino leaders in society, as HHF’s new digital media and integrated marketing arm. Parker Morse, CEO and founder of H Code Media and a member of Portada´s Agency Star Committee stated, “We are thrilled to partner with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation, which shares with H Code Media a vision to educate and empower young Latinos. Together with HHF, we will put a spotlight on its tremendous civic efforts as well as the exciting events they are part of, which is exactly the kind of authentic and relevant content that advertisers want to leverage in order to engage with US Hispanics in a organic and meaningful way.”H Code Media also plans to drive traffic to all of HHF’s initiatives and events throughout 2018 and beyond, including Hispanic Heritage Month, the award-winning LOFT leadership and workforce development program, and the star-studded Hispanic Heritage Awards.
- SuperValu Inc.
Grocery Industry Leader SuperValu Inc. announced it will reorganize their company’s corporate structure into a holding company structure. The firm is planning to organize and further segregate the company’s wholesale and retail operations in an operationally efficient and strategic manner, including to separate the wholesale and retail operations.It also plans to facilitate the company’s previously announced strategic transformation plan to sell certain retail assets to third parties.The Minneapolis-based company, which is the nation’s largest publicly owned grocery wholesaler, acquired Commerce, Calif.-based Unified Grocers in early 2017.Then the company agreed to acquire Associated Grocers of Florida, which had become the nation’s sixth-largest cooperative wholesaler, for US$180 million. In between, Supervalu acquired the warehouse of another cooperative wholesaler, Joliet, Ill.-based Central Grocers, which was in bankruptcy, for US$61 million.Both Unified and AG of Florida have a significant customer base serving Hispanic consumers on the West Coast and in the Southeast, respectively.
Soda brand Lucozade is planning to move 20% of its media spending from Mediacom to internal agency TED, which handles tech, entertainment and design already. MediaCom would continue managing the remaining 80%,mainly spread across TV and outdoor.
2018 NETWORKING SOLUTIONS. To find out about Portada's new networking solutions targeting the decision makers of the below campaigns, please contact our Sales Manager Isabel Ojeda at Isabel@portada-online.com.
Nike-owned sneaker brand Converse has replaced previous global media agency, Omnicom’s PHD, with IPG’s Initiative, Ad Age first reported. The account was put into review in early 2018. PHD, which won the Converse media business away from Starcom in 2015, did not participate. Converse U.S. anual spend is US$20 million. Nike is planning to ramp up digital advertising for Converse, according to Adage.
- Ally Financial
Ally Financial, a bank holding company, has awarded Mediacom its´media planning and buying account, following a review. MediaCom was selected to replace Publicis agency Spark Foundry, which was the incumbent and participated in the review. Also participating in the review were GroupM’s Wavemaker and Dentsu’s 360i. Ally Financial spent US$113 million on advertising in 2017.
2018 NETWORKING SOLUTIONS. To find out about Portada's new networking solutions targeting the decision makers of the above campaigns, please contact our Sales Manager Isabel Ojeda at Isabel@portada-online.com.
Join us at PORTADA Mexico!