The 2017 Sports Marketing Forum is a unique event focused on insights and best practices on how best to use sports content and sports sponsorship to connect to the rapidly growing Multicultural demographic in the United States. The Sports Marketing Forum will take place on September 13, 2017, 1:00-6:00pm and is organized in conjunction with Portada’s 11th Annual Multicultural Advertising and Media Conference on September 14, 2017, 8:00-5:30pm. Both events take place at the Yotel in New York City.
- WHY U.S. SOCCER IS MUCH MORE THAN FUTBOL with Daniel Keats, Director Sports and Sponsorships, Consumer Marketing Allstate Insurance
- TOWN HALL: SPORTS MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR 2020
An attendee-driven session curated to solve challenges of sports marketers. Brian Quarles, SVP Creative Services, Revolution and Jorge Inda Meza, Marketing Director Region West, Anheuser Busch will answer audience questions.
- SHAPING UNIQUE CONSUMER EXPERIENCES, with Mike Tasevski, Vice President, North America Sponsorships, MasterCard
- PASSION FOR SOCCER: OPPORTUNITIES FOR MARKETERS
With Dan Donnelly, EVP, Managing Director, Publicis Media Sports and Michael Neuman, EVP, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment
- GOLAZO AWARD FINAL CONTEST: Watch Golazo Award Finalists Audi Summer Tour/FC Bayern Munich, AT&T/MNT/The Marketing Arm and "My Inter Jersey”/ Gravity pitch their campaigns live to Portada’s Sports Marketing Advisory Board members who will grill them with questions. Plus, conference attendees vote for the winner in the Golazo Award People’s Choice!
- GIVING TEENS THE STAR TREATMENT: Gatorade’s Global Experiential Marketing Platform by Jill Leccia, Global Platforms Marketing Director, Gatorade Latin America, PepsiCo
Expect the best content, timely conversation and unparalleled networking opportunities with key U.S and Hispanic Sports Marketing executives from the brand, agency and media sides of the sports marketing industry and much more...
WHO WILL YOU MEET ON-SITE
Decision-makers in the multicultural and overall U.S. Sports Marketing scene: Brand Marketers, Sports media buyers, leading content developers, Senior level Sports Media and Marketing Researchers and sports marketing agency executives.
Meet Portada's 2017 Sports Marketing Board at the event on Sept. 13:
- Analia Benedetti, Director of Shopper Marketing and Multicultural, Kellogg's
- Daniel Keats, Director, Sports and Sponsorships, Consumer Marketing, Allstate Insurance
- Ed Carias, Sr. Brand Manager el Jimador Tequila - North American Region, Brown-Forman
- Felix Palau, VP, Tecate, Heineken
- Ivonne Kinser, AFM Director Digital Strategy & Innovation, Avocados From Mexico
- Jeff Garrant, Senior Partner, Director, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Maxus
- John Alvarado, VP, Brand Marketing, Crown Imports
- Jorge Inda Meza, Marketing Director, Region West, Anheuser-Busch
- Kymber Umana, Hispanic Marketing Manager, Sprint
- Michael Neuman, EVP, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment
- Mike Foley, Associate Director, Brand integration for Food Service Marketing, PepsiCo
- Mike Tasevsky, SVP, U.S. Sponsorship, MasterCard
- Ramiro Crespo, Multicultural Channel Strategy, Sprint
Check out coverage and highlights from previous editions of the Sports Marketing Forum:
- #Portada16 Review Articles and Even Photos
- 2016 Event Program
- 2015 Event Program
- #Portada15 Sports-Marketing Forum Highlights
To explore great ways to integrate your brand in Portada17, please contact Daniela Landa at Daniela@portada-online.com.
Mike Tasevski has been an accomplished senior business leader with a track record of advancements and accomplishments thru a very diverse career path involving a unique variety of business verticals; Restaurants community/Loyalty vertical/Sports industry and the banking community for over 25 years. Mike is currently overseeing the US landscape as Senior Vice President of US Sponsorship, MasterCard’s largest sponsorship territory. Mike has also held roles within MasterCard Canada as a Senior Business Leader on the Issuing Account team as well as the Technical team of MasterCard Canada and also managing the 2nd largest issuing account and Canada’s largest retailer.
Additional key accomplishments, Board Member The Ontario Restaurant Association, chosen as one of Toronto’s Top Restaurant owners, Official Executive Chef to many of Toronto’s key landmarks,NACS Member ( Petroleum industry), PCATS Committee member (Petroleum Industry), MasterCard Sales Champion Nominee 2011, Winner of the Canada Region Canada Goose Award 2012.
Jorge Inda Meza
Jorge is a marketing executive with over 15 years of experience in CPG and the Beer industry in Europe, Mexico and the USA. As the Anheuser-Busch Marketing Director for the West Region, he has most recently developed and executed sports marketing strategies for Bud Light, Budweiser and Michelob Ultra, in partnership with some of the most iconic professional teams in the NBA, NFL and MLB as well as the Mexican National Soccer Team.
Dan leads the Sports division for Publicis Media. This US based assignment includes responsibilities across the full Sports Marketing spectrum, including Strategy, Planning, Rights Acquisition, and Activation.
Prior to this role, Dan was leading the SPORTS at SMG division for Starcom Mediavest Group, which he launched in 2014.
Dan joined SMG in 2004, and led the Coca-Cola account. In that role, Dan was EVP, Managing Director, and oversaw all consumer insights, strategic planning, investment & activation, and research & analytics.
Prior to joining SMG, Dan worked at Busch Media Group, the in-house unit wholly owned by Anheuser-Busch, Inc. In this role, Dan led numerous multi-year and multi-sport negotiations, including NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, Nascar, NCAA Basketball and Football, PGA Tour, Olympics, and World Cup Soccer.
Experienced and creative professional skilled in sports/entertainment experiential marketing and promotion, negotiation, strategic planning, business development, client and account management, property and celebrity management. Since 2011 Dan has been working in Allstate. As a Director Sponsorship Marketing, he’s responsible for managing and directing strategic sponsorship platforms for Allstate:
- College Football
- Collegiate Sports
- Pro Football Platform
- Branded Entertainment Initiatives
Since 2015, Jill Leccia is Global Platforms Marketing Director for Gatorade Latin America. Mrs. Leccia is an engagement marketing professional, with more than 17 years of experience, she has created, developed and implemented effective experiential marketing campaigns, directly engaging and learning from consumers to build best-in-class marketing programs. With a strong focus on football (aka soccer), Jill has encouraged target audiences through sponsorship of professional sports players and international soccer leagues, that fuel athletes’ success story with Gatorade.
Prior to her current role, Jill lead the international strategy and insights agenda for Gatorade,
contributing to transforming the global brand positioning from sports drinks to sports
performance innovator, while identifying worldwide growth opportunities to further expand the brand. Jill joined the Gatorade team after working for the Quaker Foods and Snacks Division in North America for 4 years. Jill started her career in the Feminine Care Division of The Procter and Gamble Company in Caracas, Venezuela which later led her to move to the US headquarters in Cincinnati, OH.
Jill is MBA Honors graduate from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business. She and her husband, Adrian, and 2 children, Diego and Vanessa, live in Miami.
Benno Ruwe joined FC Bayern Munich in October 2010 as Key Account Manager responsible for several partners of FC Bayern including Allianz SE, Paulaner, Siemens and Yingli amongst others. In his role he also worked on projects like the UEFA Champions League Final in Munich in 2012 and FC Bayern’s first pre-season summer tour to China in 2012.
In April 2014 Mr. Ruwe took the role of Senior Project Manager at FC Bayern’s new office in New York and got promoted to Head of Partnerships in October 2016. In his current role he is responsible for developing partnerships with new and existing partners as well as executing events and marketing initiatives helping to raise the brand awareness of the club in the US & the Americas.
Prior to joining FC Bayern Munich, Mr. Ruwe worked five years at a sports marketing agency in Munich working with clients like Allianz and FIFA.
Benno Ruwe studied Sports-Economics at the University of Bayreuth, Germany.
Rod’s talent and passion lie in creating better brand experiences. Over the years, he has guided a wide range of clients, from government to retail and from start-up to turn-around. He has extensive experience in branding and marketing strategy and has led the development and implementation of integrated programs for Comcast, Western Union, JetBlue, HSBC, Scholastic, and the U.S. Department of State.
Rod’s career in advertising started with J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, where he migrated to their specialized communications division and founded its diversity practice. He then went on to support the development of two NY-based agencies. Rod also spent time in Accenture and obtained his MBA with an emphasis on marketing and his BBA with a double major in Marketing and MIS. He speaks fluent Spanish and has spent time in Mexico, Texas and Washington D.C.
12:15 PM REGISTRATION
Register to the Sports Forum. Start Portada17 in a healthy way by drinking high quality juices and having light snacks!
PLUS Set your issues and challenges on the Forum’s agenda by writing your questions for the Town Hall Session (15:25 pm) on a Post-It and stick it on the Portada17 whiteboard!
1:10 PM SETTING THE STAGE:
Welcome & Intro: Court Stroud, The Cledor Group (MC)) and Marcos Baer, publisher , Portada
A quick review of the issues and challenges for Sports Marketers to be tackled at Portada’s Sports Forum.ts content.
Portada’s annual Sports Forum will provide attendees new contacts, unique insights and, market intelligence to engage consumers through powerful sports content.
1:30 PM CASE STUDY I: GIVING TEENS THE STAR TREATMENT
- Jill Leccia, Global Platforms Marketing Director for Gatorade Latin America, PepsiCo
6 Actionable Insights for Experiential Marketers.
Gatorade’s 5V5 Tournament played annually in 16 countries is an experiential marketing success story. Learn how the sports themed beverage fueling company brand annually immerses hundreds of teenagers into an international soccer tournament and treats them like soccer stars
1:55 PM WHY SOCCER MATTERS
- Michael Neuman, EVP, Managing Partner, Scout Sports and Entertainment
in conversation with
Jorge Inda Meza,, Marketing Director Region West, Anheuser-Busch
Any marketer overlooking soccer’s tremendous appeal to engage U.S. audiences, is making a huge mistake. Thought leaders from the brand and agency world will dissect topics including:
- What are brands threats and opportunities around soccer in 2018?
- Targeting Hispanic vs. the overall U.S. population with soccer
- Soccer World Cup Russia 2018: How Brands can get the best bang for their buck.
2:20 PM NETWORKING BREAK
Coffee, Treats & Snacks
2:50 PM TOWN HALL: SPORTS MARKETING CHALLENGES & STRATEGIES HEADING INTO 2020
- Dan Donnelly, EVP, Managing Director, Publicis Media Sports
- Additional Participant tbd
An attendee-driven session curated to discuss challenges of sports marketers. Key practitioners of the sports business will answer audience questions and discuss what is next for this rapidly growing industry!
- Stadium/venue marketing
- Big Data & Sports
- AI & Sports
- (All questions posted on the Portada 17 whiteboard will be answered during the session or later in digital format).
3:25 PM INTERNATIONAL SOCCER: SPAIN’S LA LIGA
- Carlos Perez, CEO La Liga USA in conversation with tbd
European Soccer Leagues have an enormous appeal in the U.S. The success of Spain’s La Liga, with its star-filled professional team is a prime example Actionable insights for sports marketers.
3:45 PM CASE STUDY II: HOW MASTERCARD SHAPES UNIQUE CONSUMER EXPERIENCES
- Mike Tasevski, Vice President, North America Sponsorships,MasterCard
- Jay Sharman. CEO/Founder, TeamWorks Media
MasterCard has been at the forefront of innovation in sports marketing. Gain insights into how the global payments and technology company:
- Determines which sports and events offer opportunities.
- Uses sports sponsorships to shape brand experiences.
- Establishes KPI’s related to sponsorships.
4:05 PM SPORTS MARKETING DISCUSSIONS ON THE ROOFTOP
Attendees will split off into four different groups on four different sections of the Yotel’s rooftop terrace to focus on one of the below four different topics. Group Leaders will guide the discussion.
- How best to align campaigns with the 2018 Soccer World Cup Opportunity
- Maximizing Sports Right Opportunities
- Sports Venue Power
Sports Influencer Marketing
(A Summary of each discussion will be published online).
4:35 PM GOLAZO AWARD FINAL CONTEST:
See the Golazo Award Finalists pitch live on stage and vote for your favorites.
- Inter Milan / Gravity
- Audi/FC Bayern Munich LLC
- AT&T/MNT/The Marketing Arm
Portada’s Sports Marketing Board of Brand Marketing and Agency Executives will ask finalists for solutions to specific soccer marketing related challenges. Each finalists will have 5 minutes to present an innovative solution.
The official winner will be announced by the judges of the Portada's Sports Marketing Board. In addition to the official winner selected by the judges, Sports Marketing Forum attendees will vote for the “Golazo People’s Choice” Award Winner.
4:45 PM CASE STUDY III: WHY U.S. SOCCER IS MUCH MORE THAN FUTBOL
- Daniel Keats, Director, Sports and Sponsorships, Consumer Marketing Allstate Insurance in conversation with tbd
Allstate, initially used soccer content and sponsorships to attract Hispanic audiences. However, the nation's second largest insurer soon realized that soccer has an enormous potential to attract overall U.S. audiences, particularly through local grassroots efforts. How did Allstate come to these insights and how are they being incorporated into its marketing and media strategy? Hear all the answers from the main executive behind Allstate's Sports and Sponsorship consumer marketing.
5:05 PM GOLAZO AWARD FINAL CONTEST live on stage and vote for your favourites.
- Inter Milan / Gravity
- Audi/FC Bayern Munich
- AT&T/MNT/The Marketing Arm
Each finalist will have 5 minutes to present the client brief and the campaign Then Portada’s Sports Marketing Advisory Board of brand and agency executives will ask finalists for solutions to specific soccer marketing related challenges..The Gold, Silver and Bronze medallists will be announced by the judges. In addition to the winners selected by the judges, Sports Marketing Forum attendees as well as FB live award attendees will vote for the “Golazo People’s Choice” Award Winners.
5:40 PM ADJOURNMENT OF Day 1 of Portada 17
#Portada17 will take place at Yotel New York.
Located just two blocks west of Times Square on the corner of Tenth Avenue and West 42nd Street - 570 Tenth Avenue, NY 10036.
Need hotel accommodations? Make a reservation here.