Advertising Campaigns: Coca Cola’s World Cup Campaign
Coca Cola, through its Hispanic advertising agency Starcom MediaVest, bought print advertising space that is related to the upcoming soccer World Cup in the following publications:
- Fútbol Mundial: Wrap around cover (June issue, monthly, Spanish, circ. 1,000,000).
- Fox Sports en Español: Front cover - (June issue, monthly, Spanish, circ. 750,000).
- Latina Magazine's Interior Guide: - The World Cup Survival Guide" (June issue, Bilingual, circ. 400,000).
- Coca Cola also bought ROP (Run-off-press) ads in Hispanic newspapers in the top Hispanic markets.
- Coca Cola's sponsors World Cup TV Broadcast in Univision.
Maria Fernanda Ordoñez, who until recently worked on the Coca Cola Hispanic Media Planning & Buying at SMG - Starcom MediaVest Group in New York, tells Portada® that while the majority of media investment has supported strategic use of television, other media including radio, outdoor, print and internet have been employed to reach theHispanic consumer.
As opposed to most Procter & Gamble brands who target a more defined audience, Coca Cola tends to target a broader audience and generally uses mass media. Approximately 80% of the Coca Cola Hispanic budget goes into TV advertising and the remainder is used to buy advertising in radio, outdoor and print. In the medium term Coca Cola's Hispanic marketing initiatives will expand into the Internet as well as cell phone advertising.
Trackback from your site.