A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- The Yankees/Red Sox game played on Saturday March 3 has become the most-watched Spring Training telecast ever on MLB Network, with an average of 322,000 viewers.
- The BIG EAST Conference, in alliance with FOX Sports Media Group, announced new and returning partners for the 2018 BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Tournament. Jeep returns as the presenting sponsor for all 22 BIG EAST championships. Returning sponsors include Nike, Gatorade, Geico, Primesport, SUNKIST, Continental Tire, Westwood One and Sirius XM Radio.
- Pac-12 Networks and OTT DAZN Canada announced a multi-year partnership to stream more US college sports across Canada.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- WWE is working on its deal with SNICKERS for WrestleMania 34. SNICKERS’ presenting partnership of the event includes custom content produced by WWE for SNICKERS.
- MLB signed a deal with Facebook for an expanded partnership for the 2018 MLB season. Facebook will exclusively carry one game every week to a global audience on Facebook Watch in a 25-game package. MLB Network will produce games specifically for Facebook. 31% of MLB players are Latino, according to ESPN.
- Dallas Mavericks locked a sponsorship deal with online and app marketplace company 5miles. 5miles will be listed as the official marketplace partner of the Mavericks, and its logo will appear on the NBA team’s jersey.
Check out the stars of Portada’s Sports Marketing Board, who will meet at Portada Miami on April 18-19 to discuss various topics related to the future of marketing and innovation in sports. Register now!