A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Heineken extended its Major League Soccer partnership for five more years, to serve as the Official Beer of MLS. Heineken will continue to sponsor Rivalry Week. “Soccer has been a crucial platform for Heineken across the globe with multiple league, team and championship game sponsorships. In the U.S., our partnership with MLS has helped drive the sport’s rapid expansion and growing popularity,” said Felix Palau, Heineken SVP of marketing, in a statement.
- The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced a partnership with Evanston Soccer Association to bring numerous programs, services and supplemental playing opportunities to ESA and its players. ESA will rebrand its Under-13 through Under-19 boys and girls age groups to Chicago Fire Juniors North Shore.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- LigaMX soccer team Chivas and German Borussia Dortmund have started a knowledge-sharing partnership. The Bundesliga and Liga MX teams will collaborate on financial, sports and administration strategies, as well as player signings and marketing.
- The Los Angeles Galaxy announced a multi-year extension of their partnership with Constellation Brands. Modelo Especial will become the exclusive import beer sponsor of both the LA Galaxy and their StubHub Center home, with branding displayed throughout the stadium. Constellation Brands will also be listed as a founding partner of the 27,000-seater stadium.
- Fifa has sealed a deal with Russian telecoms operator Rostelecom as partner of this year’s Fifa World Cup national team tournament. As part of the deal, Rostelecom will receive a range of rights, including LED board exposure at matches during the tournament and the opportunity to run ticket raffles.
Check out the stars of Portada’s Sports Marketing Board, who will meet at Portada Miami on April 18-19 to discuss various topics related to the future of marketing and innovation in sports. Register now!