A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- The Dallas Cowboys, Federación Mexicana de Futbol, FC Dallas, and the Dallas Sports Commission presented the details for the Mexican National Team US Tour, which will take place at the AT&T Stadium through 2022. The first match is prescheduled for June 9 and will see FC Dallas stage watch parties for out-of-market Mexico matches as well as participate in youth clinics and community initiatives.
- ESPN has locked a three-year deal with IMG to get the rights to Italian Soccer’s Serie A for Latin America and the Caribbean. The financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
- Atletico Madrid has signed a deal with Nibank, to strengthen its presence in the Caribbean and Latin American regions. As part of the agreement, Nibank will develop new payment methods and instruments in the region with Atletico branding. The deal is set to run through 2022.
Join us at PORTADA LOS ANGELES on March 15, 2019, at the Loews Beach Hotel Santa Monica, where we will dive deep into sports and soccer marketing’s preeminent topics. Felix Palau, VP Marketing, Heineken will discuss “How to measure ROI and transfer best practices between sports marketing platforms”. Other speaking engagements include Tiago Pinto, Global Marketing Director, Gatorade who will provide answers to the question: “Will Corporate America jump on the soccer opportunity?”Attendees will also be able to benefit from Portada’s meet-up service of three-eight-minute meetings with top brand executives!
- DAZN confirmed it will launch in Brazil in 2019. Among its offerings are the Copa Sudamericana, Italy’s Serie A and France’s Ligue 1. Operations in the South American country will start in March. Broadcasting rights of Italian and French soccer will last until 2021.
- UEFA has confirmed the creation of the Europa League 2, a third continental club competition, which will be introduced in 2021. The new tournament, which will be played on Thursday evenings, will feature 32 teams, as per the existing Uefa Europa League.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- The French Football League handed over its broadcasting rights to Mediapro and BeIN Sports in a four-year deal worth US$72.9 million. The broadcasters will share coverage of Ligue 2 between the 2020/21 and 2023/24 seasons, having already locked domestic rights to Ligue 1, during the same period.
- Amazon has signed on to its largest ad buy on Univision Deportes, as presenting sponsor of “The Championship Week” soccer events this month. “Semana de Campeonatos presentado por Amazon,” will play during the first half of December, including the MLS Cup championship game, along with the “two-legged” finals of Mexico’s top-tier Liga MX and playoff competition from the UEFA Champions League. Keep reading here.