A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC announced a partnership with Capelli Sport as its official uniform and equipment supplier in a multi-year deal. Capelli Sport will supply its apparel and training gear to the organization for the 2018 season. This will mark the first year of a five-year agreement between the two organizations.
- Carlos Cordeiro was elected new president of the US Soccer Federation. “I’m a little overwhelmed,” Cordeiro stated, after getting 68.6 percent of the votes.
- Univision Deportes’ broadcast of Liga MX Saturday game Tigres vs America averaged 1.5 million viewers. That marks the highest-rated Liga MX match of the year. Meanwhile, the Chivas-Santos Laguna match averaged 1.4 million for the channel to rank as the second most-viewed Liga MX game this year.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Major League Soccer confirmed on Tuesday that its streaming service will become a part of ESPN+ when it launches this year. ESPN+ subscribers will be able to stream out-of-market games that are not nationally televised, replacing the league’s separate MLS Live service for U.S. users. Last season MLS Live cost $79.99, while ESPN+ will cost $4.99 a month ($59.88 annually) and also include other live sporting events and ESPN content.
- Las Vegas Lights FC unveiled their home uniforms in conjunction with primary jersey sponsor Zappos.
- MLS announced its 2018 version of MLS Fantasy will be split into a spring and a fall season. The spring season is just around the corner: starting March 3 and running until July 29, a few days before the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target.
- North Carolina FC will play host to the United States Men’s National Team as plays against Paraguay on Tuesday, March 27 at Sahlen’s Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park. The Men’s National Team returns to WakeMed Soccer Park for the first time since 2011.