A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- MLS renewed its app, presenting an all-new version of the platform that includes features such as deep personalization; a complete interface refresh, quick notifications of scores, news, lineup releases, goals, highlights and more; an all-new Match Center; fully integrated fantasy, condensed matches and more.
- The Orlando City SC locked in a multimedia rights agreement with YouTube TV to reinforce its broadcast coverage. The platform will exclusively stream all locally televised matches live, including the pre, halftime and post-game shows, for the remainder of the season.
- According to the US/Canada/Mexico World Cup bid, hosting a North American 2026 World Cup would generate profits close to $11 billion for FIFA. Carlos Cordeiro, President of US Soccer and co-chairman of the United bid, calculates that revenues could top $14 billion for the event.
- Budweiser presented its new global campaign, “Light Up the FIFA World Cup,” designed to showcase the “energy of the world’s biggest sporting event and Budweiser’s passion for energizing fans as they watch and celebrate their favorite players, moments and teams throughout the tournament.” The campaign includes a variety of integrated experiential, digital and social programs launching in more than 50 countries.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- MLS WORKS, Major League Soccer’s community outreach initiative, announced the beginning of the 2018 Special Olympics Unified Sports Soccer Exchange Program, in collaboration with ESPN and Special Olympics. The three organs are looking to promote an environment of social inclusion by bringing together people with and without intellectual disabilities through Special Olympics Unified Sports.
- Telemundo Deportes partnered with Panini America for the launch of Telemundo’s first-ever augmented reality experience, around this year’s World Cup. The collaboration kicked off with the new 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Sticker Collection by Panini with the AR content live in the Telemundo Deportes En Vivo app, featuring new posts on a weekly basis for fans to enjoy. The experience will include 10-second videos presenting Telemundo Deportes talent, historic moments and most memorable goals in World Cup history, as well as additional information on this year’s host cities and stadiums.