A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- The U.S. Soccer Federation hired Irish wearables company STATSports to provide monitoring equipment for its four million registered soccer players in the United States. The deal will work on the world’s largest player data monitoring program and is valued at over $1.5 billion, according to a statement.
“We will help drive and improve player environments through the exchange of data between clubs and U.S. Soccer as players enter and leave National team camps. Over time, this information will be used to research, support, and educate the entire landscape,” U.S. Soccer Director of Sports Development Ryan Mooney stated.
- The New York Red Bulls got eco-friendly and partnered with Covanta, a world leader in sustainable waste and energy solutions for communities and businesses. The agreement designates the company as the Official Energy Partner of the team.
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union announced a comprehensive marketing multi-year partnership agreement with the LA Galaxy and the team’s home stadium, StubHub Center, in Carson, California. The deal establishes Kinecta as the exclusive financial services partner of the LA Galaxy and StubHub Center. The credit union also will serve as a Founding Partner of StubHub Center and the first-ever naming rights partner of the LA Galaxy’s Torrance, Calif.-based indoor soccer and recreational facility.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Toyota is partnering with Mexican Liga MX Club América. The sponsorship includes participation in Tour Águila, the club’s annual U.S. tour. Toyota will bring fans closer to their team through activities featuring players, social content and digital programs and much more.
“Toyota wants to amplify the fans’ experience by igniting their passion and spirit for the game as they cheer on their favorite teams,” stated Tyler McBride, engagement and event manager at Toyota Motor North America.
- The Canadian Premier League launched Canadian Soccer Business, a new sports enterprise representing commercial assets and inventory for marquee soccer properties in Canada. The company will start representing all corporate partnerships and media rights related to Canada Soccer’s core assets including its national teams, along with all rights associated with the CPL. Scott Mitchell has been confirmed as the CEO.
- Kona Brewing Company has become the official craft beer of the LA Galaxy, by signing a multi-year partnership. As part of it, Kona Brewing Co. will bring the island spirit to Southern California with a Lanai-style bar at StubHub Center.
- The Chicago Fire Soccer Club named Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing exec Sean Dennison as Senior Vice President, Communications & Media. Dennison will manage all Club communications functions, including soccer communications, public relations, broadcast, social media and digital media.
Check out the stars of Portada’s Sports Marketing Board, who will meet at Portada Miami on April 18-19 to discuss various topics related to the future of marketing and innovation in sports. Register now!