A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Telemundo Deportes presented the second episode of its first-ever, original documentary sports production “Que Momento” on Saturday at 7p on Telemundo. The second instalment focuses on the final 60 seconds of three CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers for Russia 2018 that were played on October 10, 2017.
- Major League Soccer will face Italian team Juventus during the 2018 MLS All-Star Game, in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Aug. 1. ESPN and UniMas have the broadcasting rights for the game. “Our midseason showcase annually attracts the most prominent clubs in global soccer, and this year our All-Stars will face one of the sport’s most historically successful teams. And we can’t think of a better city to host the game than in Atlanta, which due to the incredible success and popularity of Atlanta United, has rapidly captured the attention of the entire soccer world,” said MLS Commissioner Don Garber in a press release.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Turner announced the launch of its new premium live sports streaming service, “Bleacher Report Live”, in April. B/R Live will implement flexible pricing options, beginning this summer, providing direct access to live games for purchase on an individual or subscription basis. Streaming will include the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, NBA League Pass games, 65 NCAA Championships, PGA Championship, National Lacrosse League, The Spring League, Red Bull Global Rallycross, World Arm Wrestling League and more.
- The LA Galaxy and home stadium, StubHub Center, launched a multiyear partnership with Kinecta Federal Credit Union. The agreement establishes Kinecta as the exclusive financial services partner of the LA Galaxy and StubHub Center as well as a Founding Partner of StubHub Center and the first-ever naming rights partner of the LA Galaxy’s Torrance-based indoor soccer and recreational facility.
- NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is launching “El Campeón en Ti” (The Champion Within You), promoting the positive benefits of participating in sports, in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, Alianza U Foundation and local community organizations.
As the Spanish-language home of the World Cup, the initiative will invest more than a quarter million in focusing its first efforts on soccer, and to expand access to organized soccer for underserved Latino youth.
Check out the stars of Portada’s Sports Marketing Board, who will meet at Portada Miami on April 18-19 to discuss various topics related to the future of marketing and innovation in sports. Register now!