A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- YouTube and Major League Baseball have locked their first-ever exclusive live game distribution partnership that will see MLB games stream on YouTube and YouTubeTV during the second half of the 2019 MLB Regular Season. The deal includes exclusive distribution rights in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, running on MLB’s official YouTube channel and via a forthcoming channel on YouTube TV.
- According to Bloomberg, the Professional Fighters League raised $30 million from a group of investors. Series C funding will look to enhance its data and analytics as it expands its global audience and secures more fighters. The PFL opens its season May 9.
- FOX Sports will serve as the new exclusive television home of the Triple-A Baseball National Championship Game Presented by Ephesus Sports Lighting. This year’s contest takes place on Sept. 17 at 8p. George Grande and Jim Kaat will call the game.
Subscribe to Portada’s weekly Sports Marketing Updates!
- Combate Americas is coming back to Tucson on June 7. The fight will be carried live on television in Spanish in the U.S. on both Univision and UDN (12a) and in English in the U.S. and Canada on DAZ (10p). “Combate Americas: Tucson Unbreakable” will be headlined by the return of former world champion Jose “Pochito” Alday (12-4-1), who will square off with fellow Combat Americas veteran and prolific striker Irwin “The Beast” Rivera (7-4).
- USA Basketball and Red Bull North America have signed a new partnership to build “an elite pathway for men’s and women’s players who have a goal of competing at the highest levels of 3×3 basketball.” As part of the deal, Red Bull will host more than 20 qualifying tournaments across the country under the newly-created Red Bull 3X series to identify the eight athletes who could potentially represent USA Basketball at the 2020 Olympics.