A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Snapple and MLB have agreed on a new two-year partnership. Snapple will become the “Official Tea and Juice Drink of MLB” beginning with the upcoming 2018 season. The deal gives Snapple marketing and activation rights across MLB special events including All-Star Week, the Postseason and World Series, as well as other key moments during the season.
- ESPN, Sky Sports and Formula 1 are working together to bring Sky Sports’ presentation of the championship to the US.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- YouTube TV is adding multiple sports networks to its lineup, announcing new deals with Turner, NBA TV, and MLB Network for the streaming service. A slate of Turner-owned networks have been added, and NBA TV and MLB Network will be coming soon.
- The NBA is considering hosting pre-season games in India. Commissioner Adam Silver said: “We have an office in Mumbai, and one of the things we’re looking at, which we hope to do relatively soon, is bring a preseason game to India. A little is dependent on the arena infrastructure, but we’ve heard some good news from the market in terms of Delhi and Mumbai about plans of new arenas.”
- The MLB Washington Nationals and the Houston Astros have signed a 12-year naming rights deal for their joint pre-season training base, Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, with fitness beverage Fitteam.