A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Major League Baseball will now include content in the Discovery Education’s Science Techbooks, thanks to a new multiyear partnership with Discovery Education. Educators will help students connect the world of baseball to key science and STEM concepts through real-world data and gameday experiences that fuel deeper engagement.
- Puma has become the official partner of League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) team and will have its logo on the chest of the team’s jersey. The partnership also designates Puma as the official gameday pants and shoes provider of Cloud9 and includes uniforms for team management. “This deal gives us ability to be a part of more things our kids love, and that’s how our brand moves the culture forward,” said Matt Shaw, head of digital marketing for Puma, to the Esports Observer. “Cloud9 is really uniquely posed to help us do that.”
The deal will initially cover the 2019 spring LCS season, with the possibility to expand their collaboration.
The Portada Brand-Sports Summit in Los Angeles on March 15, 2019 (Hotel Loews Santa Monica) will provide a unique setting for brand marketers to learn about the opportunities sports and soccer content offers to engage consumers in the U.S. and Latin America.
- UFC has signed a new integrated marketing partnership with Motel 6, that makes the chain UFC’s first-ever “Official Economy Lodging Partner,” creating a new sponsorship category for the MMA promotion. Motel 6 will have a branded presence inside UFC’s Octagon for select UFC events. Also, the deal includes in-venue commercials, branded integrations in select UFC Pay-Per-Views and collaborations on digital and social media campaigns.
Subscribe to Portada weekly Sports Marketing Updates!
- PGA TOUR Latinoamerica announced that Volvo Car Latin America, Hilton, and Go Vacaciones! will join as category-exclusive partners of the PGA TOUR’s international tour, beginning this month. The three brands will be integrated into the messaging of PGA TOUR Latinoamerica and will also receive brand-official designations.
- Multiplayer online battle arena Arena of Valor’s started the third season of the Valor Series with 18 top teams from Europe, Latin America, and North America competing for a $200,000 prize pool. The tournament will kick off on Feb. 2 from noon-7:30p on its Facebook page. Each region will sport its own open qualifier phase where six teams will qualify for that region’s eight-week regular season.