A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- UFC and Parimatch have locked in a new, multi-year partnership that makes Parimatch the “Official Betting and Wagering Partner of UFC” across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, excluding the United Kingdom and Ireland. Parimatch will be UFC’s first-ever marketing partner from the Commonwealth of Independent States region.
- The annual esports Evolution Championship Series (EVO), which will take place in Las Vegas from Aug. 3-5, locked in a sponsorship deal with Nissin Cup Noodles. Hispanics expressed more interest in watching others play video games compared to Non-Hispanics, According to a 2014 Think Now Research study.
- FS1 and NASCAR Productions launched the fourth season of the documentary series Beyond the Wheel on NASCAR Race Hub. According to 2011 data, 20% of NASCAR’s followers are multicultural fans, 9% were Hispanic and 8% African-American.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Charlotte Motor Speedway locked in its race name and distance for its NASCAR playoff race weekend (the first ever) for the Sept. 28-30 Bank of America ROVAL 400 race weekend. “This is history in the making, and it marks the next chapter in our legacy of providing innovative, show-stopping entertainment that’s never been seen before,” said Marcus Smith, the president and CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc.
- Minor League Baseball signed a long-term agreement with data company ISM Connect, to improve MiLB teams’ connection with, partners and fans across the country. ISM Connect will provide some MiLB stadiums with innovative technology and data capabilities.
- MLB and other organizations are ending their partnership, at least temporarily, with Papa John’s, after company founder John Schnatter admitted that he used the n-word. Teams severing ties include the Nationals, Yankees, Marlins, Royals, Mariners, and, Orioles. Schnatter announced his resignation as the company’s chairman late Wednesday night.