A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- DHL extended its partnership with ESL to expand its presence in the esports market. DHL provides core logistics services to ESL and will be featured on various social media channels, including throughout the ESL One series tournaments. DHL will handle the ESL One series logistics transporting the stage equipment to the venues throughout the series, as well as individual gamer seating. Hispanics are nearly twice as likely to buy and wear video game branded apparel, according to a 2014 Think Now Research study.
- During Memorial Day weekend, Bud Light presented a new ad that’s part of the ongoing Dilly, Dilly campaign targeting Hispanics. This time, the beer brand is clearly focusing on Hispanic audiences in the lead-up to the 2018 World Cup, by including the soccer tournament and Spanish-language. The ad, which will be followed by other World Cup-themed spots, will run in both English and Spanish and get airplay on Fox Sports and Telemundo, the two networks carrying the tourney in the U.S…
- State Farm will continue to be the official partner of the NBA 2K League. It will present pregame segments titled Game Mode that capture strategy and insights from NBA 2K League players on Twitch broadcasts throughout the season. “As a longstanding partner of the NBA and the WNBA, State Farm has a proven history of authentically connecting with fans and has demonstrated a commitment to eSports,” said Brendan Donohue, Managing Director, NBA 2K League.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Claro Sports has signed an agreement to become the exclusive broadcaster of Southeastern Conference (SEC) college football games and SEC and Pacific-12 basketball games in 17 Latin American countries. The games will also be available on its digital platform MARCA Claro, non exclusively. Games will be brought to Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Bud Light will be the presenting sponsor of Wizards District Gaming in the NBA 2K League in 2018. Bud Light will also be a title sponsor for Wizards District Gaming watch parties and will host a tournament open to the public in the Budweiser Brewhouse at Capital One Arena.