Joe Kutchera is co author and editor of E-X-I-T-O: Su estrategia de marketing digital en 5 pasos.
“Marketing is Dead” reads the headline of an article on Harvard Business Review’s blog network, a grim prognosis of what today’s marketing leaders face. The author, Bill Lee, explains that, “Traditional marketing — including advertising, public relations, branding and corporate communications — is dead. Many people in traditional marketing roles and organizations may not realize they’re operating within a dead paradigm. But they are. The evidence is clear.
Lee provides two reasons why. One, buyers no longer pay attention to traditional marketing communications. They prefer to read product and service information on their own terms, through Internet searches or by reading customer reviews, especially from their friends. And two, CEOs say CMOs lack business credibility.
Ultimately, how can companies or their advertising agencies persuade buyers to spend their hard-earned money on products when employees oftentimes don’t come from the buyer’s world?
And what if the interests of the sellers are not aligned with those of the buyers?
In other words, traditional marketing in the new world of social media simply doesn’t work.
So, what will replace this broken model?
Our new book (in Spanish) outlines a new, “Latinized” 5-step model to answer many questions that marketers need to address today on how to integrate and manage social media in marketing communications planning.
Our 5-step E-X-I-T-O strategic marketing and innovation process spells the word “success” in Spanish and provides marketers with a social media and Latin-inspired framework for creating marketing plans, storytelling strategies, and content development that engages audiences on digital platforms.
The five steps include:
- E – Escuche a su audiencia (Listen to your audience)
- X – eXperimente como usuario, a través de “perfiles” (Put yourself in the shoes of the user and write your marketing plan using “personas”
- I – Integrate your communication channels
- T – Transform your audience into a community
- O – Optimize
We wrote the book and developed this process because of five key trends in marketing communications:
- Digital Innovation and “Agile marketing”: the number of products launched per month is much higher than years ago.
- New technologies, such as smartphones, and social networks have opened new channels of communication with our customers. For example, CMO’s spend more on technology than CTO’s and IT Directors on services such as ad servers, CRM systems
- “Big Data” analysis and tools to measure the use of social networks and mobile applications.
- Social networks allow us to listen to our customers and understand user behavior, as we have never had access to before. We need to create content and communities to attract and engage our customers. When consumers seek information online, they turn to search engines and ask friends on social networks.
- Lastly, the growing importance of multicultural and Latin American marketing
To learn more, Dani Escalante of Televisa provides an overview of the book (in Spanish) in this video:
Sample audio and PDF chapters as well as the E-X-I-T-O worksheet from the book are available for Portada readers here.
The authors have donated 100% of the proceeds of the book to the non-profit One Laptop Per Child, which offers laptops and educational software to children from low-income communities in the U.S., Latin America, and across the world. Learn more at: http://one.Laptop.org
This article is part of a series of articles/interviews from the new book E-X-I-T-O: Su estrategia de marketing digital en 5 pasos.