The NFL is heading to Germany to search for new talent prospects to join the league in the U.S. Here you’ll find a weekly summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- NFL International Combine will visit Germany for the first time. Up to 50 athletes will go through a series of tests in front of NFL evaluators at Sportschule Hennef, near Cologne on Oct. 19. Potential NFL players will be invited to train in the US for 3 months.
“Following last year’s inaugural International Combine in Australia, we are excited to explore the talent pool internationally,” stated Damani Leech, NFL Chief Operating Officer of International. “Since 2017, the NFL’s International Player Pathway program has provided international athletes the opportunity to compete at the NFL level and develop their skills, and we hope to discover new talent through this event in Germany.”
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and TradeWinds Island Resorts have locked a multi-year partnership to create collaborative marketing initiatives. The partnership will focus on enhancing the in-game stadium experience for Buccaneers fans at Raymond James Stadium.
Subscribe to Portada’s weekly Sports Marketing Updates!
- Basketball Without Borders (BWB) Africa 2019 will take place July 28-31 in Senegal. BWB Africa 2019 will bring together the top male and female players ages 17 and under from throughout Africa to learn directly from current and former NBA and FIBA players, coaches, and legends.
- The NBA sealed a strategic partnership with mobile artificial intelligence (AI) developer NEX Team. The league will have access to AI to measure player skills development, this will form part of the NBA’s global youth basketball initiatives.
- Mexican television personality Giselle Zarur will be the newest member to join FOX Deportes. Zarur will serve as part of the network’s Liga MX broadcasts.
- As part of UFC’s event plans, this year’s final fight will be held in South Korea on Dec. 21. Overall, 21 more events are on the calendar. Locations include Madison Square Garden on Nov. 2, Abu Dhabi on Sept. 7 for UFC 242, Singapore on Oct. 26, and Vegas for UFC 245 on Dec. 14.