Engel Fonseca highlights the important moments of the Portada LatAm Summit 2011 and examines the use of the digital media among marketing executives.
A few weeks ago we all had the invitation to attend the Portada Online Latin Summit which occurred in Miami considering very interesting trends within this market of marketing which is been digitalized more than ever.
I believe the event had very interesting dynamics and most of many great speakers to learn from all the way from Julian Porras from Omnicom to the CMO of Telefonica confirming about the potential of the great market, Latino America.
Brazil was one of the most relevant issues discussed in the event which I believe is a great inspiration source for all Latinos since this country has clearly shown the pad to follow. On the other hand I think is a calling for the rest of us "no Brazilians" to understand our potential and to become "doers " within the market.
Something interesting is that within the almost 400 attendees in the event very few people where sharing and commenting within the social sites which I think showed 4 facts:
1. In the US Hispanic and Latin American advertising market we have very experienced professionals regarding media and the opportunities for the market
2. We are mostly professionals that understood the opportunity within digital – interactive advertising but are not native users of the Internet
3. Been professionals and not native we're all experiencing great outcomes of this US Hispanic and Latin American market
4. Just imagine if we could effort a bit more to adapt to digital trends within our everyday life, how many more opportunities we would see?
How can we do this?
1. it’s a contradiction to believe in the power of Internet as media and not use it ourselves, we know we personally are more than people, we are unique potential brands.
2. We all have great things to share, so create a blog that can be a "Habit creator" to simply share your mind at least once a week thought a simply deep text (10 minutes)
3. Use your smartphone's potential to observe the social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter ( read, reply, reattribute and reject content )
4. Define your editorial interests so you can know who to follow
5. Write, observe about what you see. It doesn’t matter if it's an issue already talked about, your description will complement others and is unique.
I Hope this can be useful to open our perception of the number of great existing opportunities many talked about in #latinsummit , don´t dare to miss the next Portada event.
Engel Fonseca (@engelfonseca) is motivate by the human potential thought technology, pioneer digital interactive marketing entrepreneur, creator of Neurona Digital and partner and commercial VP of Harrenmedia for US and México within the US Hispanic and Latino American digital advertising market . Loves innovation, behavioral mkt, PR and collaboration . Engel Fonseca is certificated professor of the San Diego College, professor at ITESM and Universidad Anahuac both form México.