A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you’re trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Post Consumer Brands and Major League Soccer (MLS) signed a multi-year sponsorship program. Starting MLS 2018 season, on March 3, Post will serve as the exclusive cereal sponsor and be visible in stadiums at more than 370 MLS games, including national TV broadcasts.
- Manchester United finally launched its own YouTube channel. The channel will show original content, including “unique behind-the-scenes access” to its famous Old Trafford ground, as well as exclusive player features, and all the latest goals and match action.
- Spain’s La Liga will reportedly become Official Football League Partner of the Renault F1 Team. The LaLiga logo will be present on the team’s car as well as on the overalls of Nico Hulkenberg and Carlos Sainz.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- LAFC has unveiled its uniforms for its inaugural season with YouTube TV as its jersey sponsor. The Adidas uniforms stick to LAFC’s black-and-gold color scheme, with the large Youtube logo on the front.
- Copa90 announced a new partnership with Soccer United Marketing (SUM), the for-profit marketing arm of Major League Soccer. Together, the companies will generate new content formats, as well as bilingual content focused on the Mexican National Team, the CONCACAF Champions League and Major League Soccer.
- Major League Soccer launched its 2018 brand campaign, “Our Soccer.” Cornerstone Agency and The FADER are the agencies behind the campaign, to “tell the story of the U.S. and Canada’s most ascendant, progressive and diverse sports league.” MLS national broadcast partners ESPN, FOX Sports, Univision, TSN and TVA Sports, as well as international and regional MLS broadcast partners, will support the campaign.
- Verizon and CONCACAF signed a multi-platform media rights deal. The deal gives Verizon exclusive English language rights to distribute multiple Confederation Championships, including the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League and the CONCACAF League in the US.