Save time, choose from better candidates, Portada now offers Nationwide Executive Search Recruitment and Consulting Services. To post an opening, email Sales Coordinator Michelle Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will contact you asap.
Check out if the below jobs fit your next career move!
Employers make sure to post your job offers in front of Portada’s audience of tens of thousands of marketing, advertising and tech professionals in the U.S. and Latin America!
La Vida Baseball seeks a bilingual senior editor, reporting to our editor-in-chief, for its Latino digital sports and lifestyle brand.
In developing a focus on Latino baseball players and the culture around them, La Vida Baseball spent its first year becoming the fastest-growing digital Latino sports media company, reaching 10 million U.S. Latinos per month.
As we expand in our second year, we’re seeking a passionate digital-media native to join our team and help shape a legacy-inspiring brand. You’ll manage our day-to-day digital content workflow, edit compelling stories with a mix of visual, text and graphic elements and contribute to our video coverage.
You’ll also manage our digital/social content producer, who serves as our voice across our social media platforms. You’ll ensure the content he or she creates reflects the right tone, but also flows with the rest of the editorial content.
Key to this will be a nuanced understanding of the topic: Latino baseball. We expect you’ll have knowledge about current players (in the U.S. and abroad), historical icons and the cultural influences that affect the sport and the people who play it. We’ll expect that you’ve been regularly engaged in baseball and sports conversations on social media (in particular, conversation around Latino players).
You’ll need to be conversationally fluent in Spanish – the ability to write and edit in Spanish will be a big plus.
You’re comfortable working in a startup environment, pushy enough to get what you need from a busy staff of writers, editors and video producers, but flexible enough to understand you’re part of a team.
● Direct the daily content from a staff of writers, editors and producers
● Edit (with assistance from our senior copy editor) our long- and short-form web
content. In addition, you’ll be expected to write the occasional piece yourself.
● Lead weekly production planning meetings
● Collaborate with the editorial team on story ideas, with consideration to both
breaking news and long-lead deadlines
● Manage a daily editorial calendar, including monthly and quarterly special
features, with feedback from the larger team
● Consult with La Vida Baseball’s supervising producer, special projects editor,
social media lead and video producers on story choice and approach for video
● Manage the La Vida Baseball content workflow across text, video and social
media, including design and other digital production needs (SEO, headlines,
photo selection and tracking) while maintaining a consistent brand voice
● Recruit and manage the work of freelancers
● Manage a monthly/yearly budget cycle including freelance costs, asset
purchases, travel costs and reimbursements
● Be conversant in the cultural discussions around Latino sports/baseball
Successful candidates will:
● Have at least five years of journalism or digital media experience as a writer
and/or editor with relevant experience in creating text and video content
● Have at least three years of management experience, specifically with digital
content workflow and supervising or coordinating of writers
● Be able to manage in-the-field producers as well as in-house staff
● Understand how to balance competing deadlines and plan ahead
● Ensure that brand identity and voice is consistent across all platforms
● Guide a story from idea through to execution
This position will be based in our Chicago office. Occasional travel will be involved.
Company: La Vida Baseball
Location: Chicago, IL