According to our just-released survey “What Brand Marketers Need from MarTech in 2020″, advertising technologies for audiovisual media (Addressable TV, Video, Digital Audio and Display, and Programmatic) are the main investments items for the brand marketing community in 2020.
On average, marketing technology now accounts for almost one-third of marketing budgets. Marketers will increase their investment in marketing technology by 27% over the next four years, spending more than US $122 billion on marketing tech by 2022 according to Gartner Research.
The Portada Survey “What Brand Marketers Need from MarTech in 2020″ sheds light on the structure of the growth of MarTech expenditures. Based on a poll of 100 brand marketers who are members of the Portada Council System, conducted in the fourth quarter of 2019, Addressable TV, Video, Display and Programmatic, and Digital Audio are pre-eminent investment areas in 2020. They are included in the overall category of Advertising & Promotion, which was chosen as the main overall MarTech expenditure priority by more than 56% of the surveyed brand marketers (see table below).[table id=1 /]
Contents of “What Brand Marketers Need from MarTech in 2020”
1. Background: MarTech’s Relentless Rise
2. Main MarTech Expenditure Types per Category in the Survey
3. Survey Results: Brands are Planning to Invest in the Following MarTech Categories in 2020
- Within Advertising & Promotion, Ad-Tech for Audiovisual Media Plays a Crucial Role
- Customer Experience: Optimization & Personalization & Testing Leads
- Social & Relationships. Brands are planning to invest in the following sub-categories of marketing technologies during 2020:
- Commerce & Sales: Social Media Related Expenditures Lead
- Data: investment Focus lies on Audience Marketing & Attribution
4.1. Brand/Media Buying Agencies
4.2. Advertising & Promotions: Marketing Budget Weighted Outcome
4.3. Advertising & Promotions: Marketing Budget Weighted Outcome
Get the Survey
If you are a brand marketer, please click here.
If you are a Marketing Services Supplier, please click here.