The Nielsen Company, the marketing and media information company, is unveiling its new full scale 2010 “You Matter” advertising campaign this month. “You Matter” illustrates how ethnic communities are positively impacted by Nielsen’s ability to measure every day activities such as shopping and media consumption and drives home the importance of their participation in Nielsen studies. The multicultural campaign—targeting African-American, Hispanic and Asian consumers—focuses on four Nielsen measurement services: consumer purchases, online, mobile and television. It features an ethnically-specific media mix of print ads, radio spots, mobile and online messages. “You Matter” was created by three multicultural advertising agencies: lead agency Chicago-based Beaman Inc.; Los Angeles-based PanCom International will be in charge of the Asian-American side and The Phelps Group (formerly Anita Santiago Advertising), will lead the Hispanic one.
The campaign includes:
- 30 second radio vignettes of interesting facts from Nielsen to be integrated into program formats of nationally recognized, syndicated Hispanic and African-American radio programs
- Nielsen insights shared on Maria Marin’s “Viva su Vida Sin Límites” and Andres Cantor’s, “Fútbol de Primera”
- Audience contests, inspired by Nielsen data vignettes, on “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” and “The Tom Joyner Morning Show”
- Grand prize winners will receive free airfare, hotel accommodations and admission to the shows’ signature annual events such as the 2010 Hoodie Awards and The Tom Joyner Black Family Reunion
- Nielsen data on cinema slides in select movie theaters in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
- Digital banner ad “pop-quiz” campaign on Asian-American news media sites such as WorldJournal.com, ReDiff.com and KoreaDaily.com
All media elements of Nielsen’s “You Matter” campaign will be in full swing in the month of May.