An SEC filing shows that Quepasa Corp. (QPSA) has completed a $3.7 million equity offering, raising the amount from 12 investors, and adding to a $13.5 million round earlier this year, as reported by citybizlist.
Principals named in the new filing include:
– John Abbott, CEO and chairman
– Michael Matte, CFO
– Louis Bardov, CTO
– Alonso Ancira, director, and president of Mexico's Chamber of Iron and Steel
– Ernesto Cruz, director
– Malcoln Jozoff, director, previously chairman and CEO of Dial Corp.
– Lionel Sosa, director, and CEO of MATT.org
– Jill Syverson-Stork, director
– Lars Fuhrken Batista, director
– Brian Garrett, director
Abbott was appointed CEO and chairman in 2007 and previously served as strategic and financial advisor to the chairman of the board of Mexican industrial consortium Altos Hornos de Mexico, S.A. (AHMSA). AHMSA has held an ownership position in Quepasa Corp. since September, 2006. In 2006, Abbott assisted in the formation of Mexicans and Americans Thinking Together (www.matt.org), a San Antonio-based non-profit group focused on improving Mexico-US relations.