CNET en Español, the new Spanish-language digital property of CBS Interactive, is launching next Thursday September 19. We just heard from CNET en Español about the following new hires hires:
- Gabby Medecki, Director of the new brand. Medecki is an award-winning marketing executive who has helped diverse consumer and media brands like Coca-Cola, Pottery Barn, CNET and Clear Channel. She is based in San Francisco.
- Vanessa Hand Orellana, Senior Editor and On-camera Talent. Hand Orellana joins CNET from Univision Interactive Media in San Francisco, where she was a multimedia reporter and digital media strategist. She is based in SF.
- Marta Franco, Producer. Franco has been writing and producing videos, photo essays and multimedia stories for Mission Local, a hyper-local news site in San Francisco’s Mission District. In addition to English and Spanish, Franco also speaks German and French. She is based in San Francisco.
- Erica Argueta, Associate Producer. Like Franco, Argueta has also worked for Mission Local, as well as: KION-TV in Salinas, Calif., where she was a multimedia journalist; KYMA-TV in El Centro, Calif., where she was a reporter, and KPIX-TV in San Francisco, where she was a production assistant. She is based in San Francisco.
- Gabriel Sama, Managing Editor (already announced). Sama is a 20-year journalism veteran and recognized authority in bilingual media innovation in the United States and abroad. He will oversee all editorial aspects of CNET en Español. Sama hails from the Columbia School of Journalism and was a fellow of Stanford’s Knight Journalism program. He is based in San Francisco.
Join us at PORTADA Mexico!