MundoHispánico announced today the launch of Padres & Hijos, Atlanta’s first magazine serving Hispanic parents. The free monthly will be available at 400 points throughout metro Atlanta beginning May 21.
MundoHispánico created this niche publication to reach Hispanic parents. Atlanta’s Hispanic population continues to be one of the fastest growing in the United States. In 2008, 56 percent of Latino households had children, and 70 percent of those were younger than 11 years of age.
“More than just a magazine, Padres & Hijos will be a guide that contributes to the physical, emotional, psychological and social development of Atlanta’s Hispanic children,” said MundoHispánico Publisher Anibal Torres. “Padres & Hijos will provide content that touches the everyday lives of Hispanic parents from product news to pediatric care to education and more.”
Padres & Hijos’ monthly sections will include:
• Curiosidades: News, product launches and relevant statistics.
• Educación: Expert articles and columns focusing on children’s cognitive development and academic formation.
• Salud: General pediatric care articles and an FAQ column by pediatricians.
• Psicología: Articles addressing children’s emotional development.
• Embarazo: Tips for expectant mothers.
• Primer año: Information regarding a baby’s first year of life.
• ¡A dónde vamos!: Calendar of Atlanta’s family-friendly events.
• ¡Qué lindos son!: User-generated content, such as children's photos, accomplishments, activities and birthdays.