The 2012 media buying (and selling) season is well under way. We asked three major media buyers the following three questions about how they see 2012 shaping up.
- Which are the strongest ad categories going to be in 2012?
- What will be the strongest type of media (e.g. print, digital, TV, radio, outdoor etc)?
- What is the main challenge to growth?
This is what they had to say:
Lupe De Los Santos, Group Manager–Hispanic Marketing Communications, Clorox
1. Insurance, Financial, and Telecommunications
2. National TV and Digital Media
3. Cultural relevance for products, increasing natural resource costs, and price sensitivity in the market.
Stephanie Da Costa, Media Director, Wing
1. Telecom, Auto
2. TV & Digital
3. Companies still hesitant to enter the Hispanic marketplace and companies not having agencies in place to help them.
Xavier Mantilla, Media Director, Vidal Partnership
1. Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
3. Belief in putting money (more than 5%) towards the U.S. Hispanic market