- The U.S. Hispanic Internet Audience grew by 20% between April 2007 and April 2008 to 19.807 million unique visitors.
- The Web properties that got the largest increase in unique visitors were the following:
Property Increase in unique users (million)
1. Google Sites
2. Glam Media
3. Fox Interactive Media
4. Yahoo! Sites
Glam Media a network of websites targeting women and gadget website Myhotcomments are next to the usual suspects Fox Interactive Media, Google sites and Yahoo! sites among the websites whose traffic has increased the most in terms of Hispanic unique users.
- In terms of growth rates, the picture looks like this:
Property Percentage increase in unique Users
1. Revolution Health Network
5. Gameforge Sites
Interestingly, two of the top sites that have grown the most during the last year are gaming websites (Gamevance and Gameforge) and a third one (Giant Realm) has an important gaming component.
- Google tops Yahoo as the website most visited by Hispanics with 14.534 unique visitors. Yahoo was the number one website among Hispanics in April 2007.
- Top 5 web properties (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Aol and Fox Interactive Media) had a share of % 20.56% in total visitors of the top 200 websites visited by Hispanics during April 2008.
- There are Four Purely Hispanic oriented websites among the top 200 Websites. They are Univision.com, Batanga, Terra and Televisa Digital.
- Transactional Websites (Comparison Shopping Websites and Websites of large retailers, banks, Travel sites etc..) had a share of 26.02% of total visitors of the top 200 websites visited by Hispanics during April 2008.
- Websites of traditional media companies (TV, Radio, Newspaper and Entertainment Companies) had a share of 17.1% of Hispanic visitors among top 200 websies.
- Online Yellow Pages and other Online Classifieds websites were visited by 4.65% of Hispanic visitors of the top 200 Hispanic websites during April of 2008.
- The website that lost the most unique users between April of 2007 and the same month of 2008 were the following:
Property Decrease in unique users (thousand)
1. CNET Networks
3. Cox Enterprises Inc.
4. United Online, Inc
5. New York Times Digital
To see the full ranking of 200 Websites visited by Hispanics, please click here