Discovery en Español, the network that delivers Discovery's content to Spanish speaking audiences nationwide, exhibits increase of +23% (Monday-Sunday from 7-11pm) among Adults 18-49 in the opening quarter of 2009 over 4Q08. This represents an increase beyond other broadcast networks as well as Galavision (7-11p UNI +7%, TEL 12%, TF 14%, AZA -8%, GALA -5%), according to Nielsens Measurement Reports NHIH/NTIH Live + SD>
The strong showing is driven by a combination of insightful programming and series across genres. First quarter programs that ranked as the #1 Pay-TV network in their time period include:
- A Prueba de Todo- Sundays @ 11pm, #1 among all 18-49 year old categories and HHs and outdelivered Azteca in the same demographics.
- Mordidas Mortales – 2/15 @ 8pm, #1 among all 18-49 year old categories and HHs and outdelivered Azteca in the same demographics.
- La Vida / Jesus – 3/15 @ 10pm, #1 Pay-TV program for the night in HHs, Adults and Women 18-49.
- Naturaleza Feroz – 1/18 @ 10pm, #1 in HHs, Adults and Women 18-49 and outdelivered Azteca in same demographics.
- Desafío: Alaska – Thursdays @ 9:00pm, 2/5-3/26/09 #1 among all 18-49 year-old categories.
- Clarividentes – Saturdays @10pm, #1 among Women 18-49.
- Historias de Ultratumba – Wednesdays @ 10:00pm, #1 among Adults and Women 18-49
All the above programs are sourced from: NHIH/NTIH, Live+SD, Q1 ’09 or as dated, 000s.
“Our programming line-up provides advertisers with outstanding content-driven opportunities.” said Victor Parada, Vice President of Ad Sales for Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group.