A look at what companies are doing in Social Media to connect with their consumers. Campaigns and strategies reviewed by @lulamedia, Community Manager at DirecTV LA.
A corporate profile on the site – A new wave of convergence is unfolding. Lines that once separated the Internet, wireless mobility, computing and media as distinct forces are blurring to create a more mobile, connected and social society. Many of the devices that consumers use daily are now connected – linking them to people, resources, information and entertainment both at home and on the go.
Those connections are resulting in new social behaviors and consumer expectations for devices.
– Facebook and Twitter Profiles visible right on the home.
– 302, 557 Fans and an excellent SUPPORT Tab – 38,324 Followers on twitter.
– Two YouTube channels: Motorola Europe and ShareMoto US
- Acura TSX
They run a Competition on the FanPage ‘COMPETE LIKE A PRO’ also visible directly through the home.
- British Airways
– Facebook: A main FanPage with 42,559 Fans + A Charity – Contest Tab – For your chance to win a seat on the funniest flight in history', you can enter and donate to Comic Relief in two ways – online or by text. Donate Now’
This is the video
A special FanPage for 'Metrotwin' – With an independent site that twins New York with London and treats both cities as a single online community. The site publishes recommendations of the best places to go in New York and London.
– Twitter: 2 Profiles: @British_Airways for Customer Care with 91,060 Followers; @BritishAirways for News & Content with 48.077.
- United Colors of Benetton
– Facebook: A Fashion Selection Contest – a massive but separate campaign with 22,046 Fans – Created in 2010 the site and SM profiles remain activated.
They have asked themselves ‘How could Ford make the brand more relevant for its target audience –young, creative and digitally savvy consumers?’
– The Solution?
The Test-Drive Program — has elicited the interest of about 50,000 potential buyers, importantly 97% of which don’t drive a Ford at present.
– The result:
4.3 million YouTube views.
540,000 flickr views.
3 million Twitter impressions.
The campaign was repeated this year.
Go where your audience is. Engage with them in their language and on their terms.