Exclusive New Network of Gen Z Thought Leaders Selected to Help Educate Retailers and Brands About Their Generation’s Habits, Values and Priorities
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Z Suite, an exclusive new network of Gen Z thought leaders, launched today to work alongside the most influential leaders in the retail, consumer and technology spaces. The inaugural members of the new Gen Z community were selected from universities and colleges across the nation by Berns Communications Group (BCG) to be part of a broader industry think tank that includes BCG’s Retail Influencer Network.
Retailers and brands will be able to tap into the network for perception studies to gain insights into Gen Z’s shopping habits, values and priorities. “For anyone interested in an authentic lens on how the most powerful generation will shape the values and economics of our planet over the next decade, access to The Z Suite is a must-have,” said Keval Desai, member of the Retail Influencer Network and founder of SHAKTI, an early-stage VC firm with several Gen Z–oriented companies in its portfolio, including Queenly, Snack, The Lobby, Sparrow and Criya.
Members of The Z Suite will access unique networking and career opportunities as they work closely with some of the most influential and respected retail and brand executives, serving as reverse mentors and sharing their unique perspective. Additional members will be selected over the summer and the network will formally launch with a special event with the Retail Influencer Network in September of 2022. The Z Suite is co-chaired and managed by BCG Account Supervisors Carly Berns and Felicia Kane.
“Gen Z’s values and priorities, along with their growing spending power, are shaping the retail, fashion, consumer and technology industries in profound ways,” said Stacy Berns, President and Founder of BCG. “We established The Z Suite to tap the knowledge of this important generation that is driving the future of retail and to provide these changemakers with a platform to amplify their collective voice and share their opinions and insights.”
The diverse group of Gen Zers selected as the inaugural members of The Z Suite were chosen based on their excellent communications skills, passion for all things retail and consumer, and high level of engagement and interest in topics such as sustainable consumption, the metaverse and livestream shopping. Selected members will participate in virtual and in-person discussions, surveys, panels and other events with senior executives from a range of retail and technology companies and will have the opportunity to share their knowledge and opinions with leading brands that have a focus on the Gen Z consumer.
The inaugural members of The Z Suite are:
- Jennine Abramsky, Northeastern University
- Armaan Ahmed, New York University
- Angelina Aileen, University of Pennsylvania
- Alli Boris, Arizona State University
- Jessica Brite, Northeastern University
- Tenzin Gonshar, Emory University
- Alexis Hooks, Northeastern University
- Simran Hussain, Emory University
- Lindsey Hyams, Michigan State University
- Mya Jean, Northeastern University
- Elaina Kuhni, LIM College
- Kristen Lam, University of Chicago (alum)
- Jessica Li, Parsons School of Design
- Chiayi (Diane) Lin, Parsons School of Design
- Clay Lute, LIM College
- Rima Makhoul, New York University
- Tyra Mitchell, LIM College
- Kylie Race, Cornell University
- Ella Ramirez, New York University
- Landon Rice, LIM College
- Sophia Richter, Northeastern University
- Simon Sandrew, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Saad (Sash) Shaban, Emory University
- Fay Shuai, University of Pennsylvania
- Natalie Spitzer, Emory University
- Yaprak Ugurses, New York University
- Blaize Vargo, LIM College
About The Z Suite
The Z Suite is an exclusive network of diverse students from top universities and colleges selected to serve as powerful Gen Z voices in the retail and consumer space. Created by Berns Communications Group, this network of generational thought leaders will work closely with some of the most respected and influential retail and brand leaders in the consumer industry, serving as reverse mentors and sharing their perspective and insights into Gen Z’s habits, values and priorities to help effect positive change across the industry.
About Berns Communications Group
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is a women-led firm breaking the mold in strategic communications by building communities and connecting clients with the most impactful influencers and thought leaders in the retail, fashion, consumer and technology sectors.