This first-ever aesthetic injectables partnership for the global entertainer celebrates how she embodies confidence and inspires others to look like the best versions of themselves.
RALEIGH, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Merz Aesthetics®, the world’s largest dedicated medical aesthetics business, today announced another expansion to the ground-breaking ‘Beauty on Your Terms’ marketing campaign with Christina Aguilera as the latest Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) brand partner. Launched in August 2022, the campaign features multiple music icons in support of Xeomin® (pronounced phonetically: Zeo-min), an FDA-approved double filtered anti-wrinkle injection to temporarily improve the appearance of frown lines with only the ingredients that work and none that don’t.
The Xeomin® ‘Beauty on Your Terms’ multi-channel campaign empowers women and men to embrace beauty on their own terms. The campaign not only features celebrity artist partners, but also exclusive branded content, one-of-a-kind experiential and marquee event sponsorships. Aimed at disrupting the beauty and aesthetics industry around key milestone moments in pop culture, all campaign touchpoints are creatively integrated to reach today’s aesthetically conscious consumers wherever they are.
“As one of the most powerful and iconic voices of our time, Christina Aguilera personifies our ‘Beauty on Your Terms’ mission,” said Patrick Urban, Merz Aesthetics® President, North America. “Our trailblazing marketing collaborations have reached a new audience. With the U.S. aesthetics market expanding at a rapid pace among adult Gen Z and Millennials, we’re focused on empowering women and men with the freedom to make the aesthetic choices that help them maintain their self-confidence.”
Aguilera is an award-winning singer-songwriter known for her powerful voice and has sold more than 75 million records worldwide. Throughout her career, she has won seven Grammy Awards, including two Latin Grammy Awards – with the most recent being the 2022 Latin Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album on behalf of AGUILERA, her second Spanish-language album. Aguilera is regarded as one of the most influential Latin artists in the industry.
Aguilera’s 2002 ballad “Beautiful” received universal acclaim for its empowering lyrics about embracing inner beauty. In celebration of the song’s 20th anniversary, she recently released a new version of the ‘Beautiful’ music video focusing on the impact of social media on young people’s mental health. Aguilera believes that beauty starts from within and encourages all people to live with confidence and embrace the freedom to make the aesthetic choices that help them look and feel like the best versions of themselves.
“I’ve always been candid about self-confidence and encourage everyone to embrace their own version of themselves,” said Aguilera. “Part of my journey to embracing and taking care of my best self is being intentional about the products I use and the ingredients in them. That’s why I want to use a smart tox for frown lines that has only the ingredients essential for treatment. As a performer, I need to be able to express myself, and Xeomin® gives me a natural look that I love.”
Follow @XeominAesthetic to stay up to speed on the latest news from Christina Aguilera.
To learn more about Xeomin® and locate a provider near you, visit XeominAesthetic.com where you can access the Find a Provider tool. You can also sign up for the Xperience+ Loyalty Program at xperiencemerz.com to receive instant and future rewards on Xeomin® and additional Merz Aesthetics® treatments at your preferred practice.
About Merz Aesthetics
Merz Aesthetics is a medical aesthetics business with a long history of empowering health care professionals, patients and employees to live every day with confidence. We aim to help people around the world look, feel and live like the best versions of themselves — however they define it. Clinically proven, its product portfolio includes injectables, devices and skin care treatments designed to meet each patient’s needs with high standards of safety and efficacy. Being family owned for more than 110 years, Merz Aesthetics is known for building unique connections with customers who feel like family. Merz Aesthetics’ global headquarters is in Raleigh, N.C., USA, with a commercial presence in 52 countries worldwide. It is also a part of Merz Group, which was founded in 1908 and is based in Frankfurt, Germany. Learn more at US.MerzAesthetics.com.
About Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a botulinum toxin type A approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults. For more information, including Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide, please visit www.xeominaesthetic.com. See below for Important Consumer Safety Information.
XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN (Zeo-min) and each time XEOMIN is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive.
To learn more:
- Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
- Visit www.xeominaesthetic.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
- Call 1-866-862-1211
Uses: XEOMIN is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time (temporary). It is not known if XEOMIN is safe and effective in children under 18 years of age. Please see additional Important Safety Information below and Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide at XeominAesthetic.com.
Warnings: XEOMIN may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems anytime (hours to weeks) after treatment with XEOMIN:
Problems with swallowing, speaking, or breathing can happen within hours to weeks after an injection of XEOMIN if the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow become weak. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with XEOMIN.
- People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe and may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with XEOMIN.
- Swallowing problems may last for several months, and during that time you may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving XEOMIN have the highest risk of getting these problems.
- Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. The symptoms of botulism include: loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing.
These symptoms can happen hours to weeks after you receive an injection of XEOMIN. These problems could make it unsafe for you to drive a car or do other dangerous activities.
Do not use XEOMIN if you are allergic to XEOMIN or any of the ingredients in XEOMIN (see the end of this Guide for a list of ingredients in XEOMIN), had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin products such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC), or abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Before receiving XEOMIN, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- have had any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past
- have a breathing problem such as asthma or emphysema
- have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling food or fluid into your lungs (aspiration) • have bleeding problems
- have drooping eyelids
- have plans to have surgery
- have had surgery on your face
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if XEOMIN can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if XEOMIN passes into breast milk.
Tell your doctor about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Talk to your doctor before you take any new medicines after you receive XEOMIN.
Using XEOMIN with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received XEOMIN in the past. Especially tell your doctor if you
- have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months
- have received injections of botulinum toxin such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC) and abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®) in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received. The dose of XEOMIN may be different from other botulinum toxin products that you have received.
- have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- take muscle relaxants
- take an allergy or cold medicine
- take a sleep medicine
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if your medicine is one that is listed above. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines with you to show your doctor and pharmacist each time you get a new medicine.
Possible Side Effects
XEOMIN can cause serious side effects that can be life threatening including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you get wheezing or asthma symptoms, or if you get dizzy or faint. See “Warnings.”
The most common side effect of XEOMIN in people with frown lines include:
These are not all the possible side effects of XEOMIN. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
General information about the safe and effective use of XEOMIN
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about XEOMIN that is written for health professionals.
Active Ingredient: botulinum toxin type A
Inactive Ingredients: human albumin and sucrose
Copyright © 2018 Merz North America, Inc. All rights reserved.
Director, U.S. Brand Communications, Merz Aesthetics
Tel: (919) 302-8239
Vice President, DeVries Global
Tel: (212) 546-8578