LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#CapitalStructure–H.I.G. Capital, LLC (“H.I.G.”), a leading global alternative investment firm with over $52 billion of equity capital under management, is pleased to announce that an affiliate has provided mezzanine financing to a German multifamily portfolio of 2,446 units concentrated in the North Rhine-Westphalia region.
Riccardo Dallolio, Managing Director and Head of H.I.G. Realty in Europe, commented: “We believe that the German residential market currently presents a good set of opportunities for our capital. Our sector specific knowledge coupled with our flexible approach to invest across the capital structure, has allowed us to become a capital partner of choice for high quality real estate operating platforms.”
Chris Zlatarev, Managing Director at H.I.G. Realty in Europe, added: “We are delighted to close another multifamily financing transaction in Germany enabling the implementation of substantial value add initiatives across the portfolio.”
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with over $52 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Bogotá, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.