LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#EIN–Following a successful launch year in 2021, DriveH2, the public service initiative by environmental nonprofit Energy Independence Now (EIN), will amplify its message of a hydrogen powered future in 2022 through a series of high-profile events and educational programs.
Among the highlights of DriveH2’s activities in 2021 were:
- 200+ global, national and local speaking events, activations and presentations
- High-profile engagements with influencers and celebrities, including SuperCarBlondie, Jeffree Star, Doug DeMuro, Ronen Rubinstein, Elisabeth Rohm, Cuttino Mobley, Physics Girl, DanielMac and others
- Hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle donations to non-profits including the American Red Cross, Petersen Automotive Museum, Social Justice Learning Institute, ThinkWatts LA, and After-School All-Stars
- Multiple engagements with elected officials and policymakers
- Media events with partners like the Energy Observer, Petersen Automotive Museum, AltaSea, Los Angeles Auto Show and more
“2021 was a highly productive year for EIN’s DriveH2 initiative and the overall hydrogen movement.” said Brian Goldstein, EIN’s Executive Director. “2022 is shaping up to be much bigger. Our team is committed to elevating the hydrogen movement and we are excited about our calendar of supporting events and initiatives this year.”
“Hydrogen is poised to play a foundational role in the new energy economy, especially across the zero-emission transportation portfolio,” added Goldstein. “If we are to effectively meet emission reduction goals, governmental and private investments in H2 are critical. So we’re picking up the pace of our messaging and reaching more people this year through educational programs. The time for hydrogen is now.”
In 2022, the DriveH2 campaign will be seen via collaborations with Los Angeles Fashion Week (for a ‘Sustainable Cars and Fashion’ opening night event), the Red Cross Celebrity Golf Classic, an annual star-studded pre-Oscar Gala Event, Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, San Francisco Fleet Week, Los Angeles Auto Show, Baja 1000 Race and more.
DriveH2 is a public service initiative by Energy Independence Now (EIN), an environmental nonprofit committed to educating the world about the benefits of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles. The organization engages in comprehensive research, policy advocacy and public outreach to promote the widespread adoption of a diverse zero emissions portfolio.
Paul Williams, email@example.com, 310/569-0023