The Week in Multicultural Sports Marketing
A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- According to RepTrak, Nike has been named the brand with the best reputation in Mexico. Next in the ranking came Nintendo, Netflix, Google and Microsoft
- BeIN Sports has locked exclusive rights to this year’s Copa América in Brazil, in 27 international markets. The deal includes South America’s international soccer tournament broadcast in Australia and New Zealand, in addition to contracts in France and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, which were agreed earlier in the year.
Subscribe to Portada’s weekly Sports Marketing Updates!
- The NBA has been named the most popular sports league in China, according to Ampere Analysis. On second and third place came the English Premier League and Uefa Champions League respectively.
- GEICO has locked a partnership with the Professional Fighters League to become the “Official Insurance Partner of the PFL. “PFL partners with leaders and we are proud to align with another premium brand in GEICO as we continue to grow in just our second season,” said Peter Murray, CEO of the PFL.
- The NFL is planning to host a regular season game in São Paulo, Brazil according to UOL. The game would be played in the Arena Corinthians, home to the top flight soccer side Corinthians.
Ximena Cassab @xcassab
Ximena is a Swiss-Mexican journalist based in Mexico City where she specialized in business, and travel topics. Graduated from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), she has worked as an editor at the magazines Expansión , Aire and Accent, from Expansion Group. Currently she is working with different media in Spanish and English independently. She is a passionate traveler who does not miss the opportunity to see a new place in the world.