Visits by Hispanics to Best Buy, Kohl’s Websites Surged in November 2018
What: We looked at the top 15 online retail sites visited by Hispanic shoppers in the US in November of 2018 and how they scored in numbers of visitors.
Why it matters: Best Buy and Kohl’s benefited handsomely from increased visits by Hispanics to their websites in the lead up to the 2018 holiday shopping season. Both saw a nearly 40% increase in visitors in November compared to the previous month. While maintaining its first-place ranking in the top 15 most visited sites by Hispanics in the US in November, Amazon nonetheless saw a dip of 2% in its overall share of total visits compared to the month of October.
|Number of Hispanic visitors to the Top 15 e-commerce sites in the US, November 2018|
|Total Audience, Home and Work, PC/Laptop||154,176|
|Site||Total Unique Visitors*|
|Apple.com Worldwide Sites||11,959|
|Best Buy Sites||8,485|
|The Home Depot, Inc.||6,697|
Source: comScore *Numbers reported as shown
Kohl’s and Best Buy saw significant increases in the number of Hispanic visitors to their sites in the month of November, 2018 compared to October. Visits to both sites by Hispanics surged by nearly 40%, catapulting Kohl’s to 13th place among the top 15 ranked sites from 11th place in October. Best Buy jumped from 8th place in November from 11th place in October.
- Walmart increased its share of Hispanic visitors to the top 15 sites ranked by comScore in November by 2,498 visits over the month of October.
- Amazon saw a drop of 2% in its share of the total visits to the top 15 sites by Hispanics compared to October, but continued to hold first place among the sites monitored.
- Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Apple, Target and Samsung maintained their top five rankings with Hispanics in that order in November compared to October.
- Etsy dropped from 8th place in October to 11th place in November, or from a total of 7,012 visits to 6,462 with Hispanics.
- Ticketmaster saw a dip in visits by Hispanics in November compared to October, slipping from 8th place in the rankings to 11th.
- The Home Depot remained steady, garnering 4.3% of overall visits to the top 15 sites in November, the same percentage as in October.
- eBay and Walmart saw decreases in their share of total visits to the top 15 sites by Hispanics by half a percentage point in November compared to October.