The Week in Soccer Marketing
A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Real Madrid locked a regional Asian sponsorship with ManBetX. The agreement will see the global betting brand act as Los Blancos’ sponsor within the sports betting category for the next two years.
- MLS club Minnesota United has joined forces with British content creator platform Wakelet. The online tool will allow the club to increase its ability to interact with a growing global fanbase, through a variety of content, including articles, videos, images, and tweets. “Wakelet is a terrific way to make sure our fans can know everything that’s going on with the club. It’s an efficient tool for curating all the news from around the world about Minnesota United on our website,” stated John Guagliano, Minnesota United senior vice president of communications.
- Canadian Soccer Business acquired digital media company Stadium Digital. This deal accelerates the roll-out of Canadian Soccer Business’ media and partnership strategy for Canada Soccer and the Canadian Premier League, set to debut in April 2019. The Stadium Digital team will now deliver all fan-facing digital technology and content for the Canadian Premier League.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Univision Deportes’ 2018 UEFA Champions League telecasts reached record numbers on the first two days of live action. Strengthening its position as the Home of Soccer in the U.S., Univision Deportes scored the two most-viewed Group Stage telecasts in the U.S. in Champions League history.
- The German Football League selected Arne Rees and Melanie Fitzgerald to jointly head up its new US office in New York. The new offices will start operations on 16th October. Rees will focus primarily on media contracts, while Fitzgerald will focus more on brand management, marketing, and events.
- Juventus announced a multi-year global partnership with fan engagement platform Socios.com. The Italian club will launch its own official fan token to supporters in early 2019, looking to expand their global audience, especially out of Europe.
Ximena Cassab @xcassab
Ximena is a Swiss-Mexican journalist based in Mexico City where she specialized in business, and travel topics. Graduated from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), she has worked as an editor at the magazines Expansión , Aire and Accent, from Expansion Group. Currently she is working with different media in Spanish and English independently. She is a passionate traveler who does not miss the opportunity to see a new place in the world.