The Week in Multicultural Sports Marketing
A summary of the most exciting news in multicultural sports marketing. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- Perform Grouphas become DAZN Group and consolidated into two distinct brands: DAZN and Perform Content. DAZN will be the consumer-facing division, including DAZN itself, the world’s first dedicated live and on-demand sports streaming service, and some of the largest sports websites in the world. Perform Content will be charged with the group’s B2B activities. While each brand will have their own governance and leadership, they will both report into one board, chaired by John Skipper.
- Combate Americasand Facebook locked a content agreement in Spanish for worldwide access excluding the United States and Canada for the live broadcast of the second season on the platform. This agreement covers the live transmission through Facebook Live of all events of the second season of Combate Americas activities.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!<
- The Houston Rockets have locked a new partnership with cryptocurrency and Bitcoin mining company AntPool. The sponsorship deal will last throughout the 2018/19 season. As part of the partnership agreement, there will be an AntPool exhibition at the Rockets’ home, the Toyota Center, in January 2019.
- Fox Sports Latin America will launch its OTT service, Fox Sports Premium, in Mexico and Central America in 2019. The video-on-demand streaming platform, being made available to existing subscribers, will join the network’s channel portfolio on January 1st, showing exclusive coverage of the top soccer leagues as well as content from Formula One and the UFC.
- Nascar has announced that Steve Phelps will become its new president, effective October 1st, after Brent Dewar, currently chief operating officer, decided to step down. Dewar will remain with the company through the end of the 2018 racing season, transitioning to a senior consulting and advisory role in 2019.