The Week in Soccer Marketing
A summary of the most exciting news in soccer marketing. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- AT&T Mexico has inked a deal to sponsor Liga MX football club Puebla FC. With this partnership, Puebla will include AT&T’s brand on the front of its shirts and, as main sponsor, its logo will also feature throughout the team’s Estadio Cuauhtemoc home ground. AT&T also sponsors Liga MX teams Monterrey and America.
- Egnyte, a provider of secure content collaboration and compliant data protection, will provide its platform to the AS Roma football club. AS Roma is modernizing their infrastructure as they move to the cloud, creating secure collaboration across their entire organization. "Egnyte came in and transformed the way we approached collaboration across every department, from sales and marketing to operations and IT, making us more mobile and more efficient than we’ve ever been before," stated Fabrizio Preti, Chief Technology Officer at AS Roma.
Subscribe to Portada daily Sports Marketing Updates!
- Heineken kicked-off its partnership with Italian Sportswear brand Kappa® for a limited edition, six-piece capsule collection. The 2018 #Heineken100 program commemorates and continues the conversation following the World Cup, by partnering two global iconic brands that share a rich heritage of supporting soccer style and culture.
- Arsenal has hired former Candy Crush data expert Mikhail Zhilkin as a data scientist. He will focus on analyzing injury and related physical data, and putting together insights to be utilized as coaching tools.
- Nexen Tire, a tire manufacturer and the Official Tour Partner of Manchester City Football Club (Manchester City), is officially sponsoring the '2018 International Champions Cup (ICC)' in the United States for the second consecutive year. The 2018 ICC, which began on July 20, runs until August 11 across America, Europe and Singapore.