Top LatAm Entertainment Sites: YouTube Still Heading the List From Afar
What: We looked at the number of visitors at top websites to find out where Latin Americans (and particularly Mexicans) went searching for entertainment content in January 2018.
Why it matters: YouTube is still on top of the entertainment industry online for Latin Americans, and even more so for Mexicans.
Even though there's a myriad of entertainment options to choose from, consumers have proved that winners tend to stay on top. In January 2018, most Latin Americans visited YouTube, and the rest went to a variety of sites providing not only videos and movies but also music, games, and general entertainment content.
Top 10 entertainment websites in Latin America, January 2018
|Total Audience, Home & Work, PC/Laptop||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Total Internet: Total Audience||191,289|
|9||Fandom Powered by Wikia||7,298|
- [Source: comScore]
- From all users who visited websites in January, 84.2% looked at entertainment sites online.
- Among those users, 77% went to YouTube, while 20% watched Netflix content. This means a 3% decrease for YouTube and a 2% increase for Netflix since December.
- Spotify was right behind Netflix with 12.5% of users.
- General entertainment sites including news, games, and videos like Webedia and MSN received 9.5% and 9.4% of users respectively.
- Brazilian website Globo Entretenimiento was visited by 8% of Latin internet users looking for entertainment.
- UOL Entretenimiento, another successful Brazilian website, received 7% of visits.
- 5.6% of users visited iTunes.
- Wikia Fandom Pages were visited by 4.5% of entertainment website users.
- CBS Interactive entered January's ranking with 4.2% of visits.
Top 10 entertainment websites in Mexico, January 2018
|Total Audience, Home & Work, All PC/Laptop and Mobile Devices||Total Unique Visitors/Viewers (000)|
|Total Internet: Total Audience||68,613|
- When looking specifically at Mexican audiences, we find that 91% of total internet users visited entertainment websites either on a PC or on their mobile devices, just the same amount as in December 2017.
- YouTube is still the most successful entertainment website in Mexico; although with a decrease from 89.4% to 82.5% of users when compared to the previous month.
- Following YouTube from afar was Spotify, with 23.3% of entertainment audiences.
- VEVO was next behind Spotify with 21.9% of visits.
- Netflix went down one spot with 20% of visits.
- Warner Music, a website devoted to articles, news, and reviews, had 18.2% of entertainment viewership.
- Mexican viewers showed interest in entertainment related to Cinema. 11.8% of viewers visited Cinepolis Sites, 1.2% more than the previous month.
- Comcast NBCUniversal joined the list with 10.3% of visits.
- The next two spots had very similar numbers of visitors. Azteca Internet received 9.4% and VIX.COM received 9% of viewers.
- Webedia closed the ranking at the 10th spot with 7.9% of entertainment viewership.