RESEARCH: Cost of Advertising Fraud May Be Higher than Suspected, Millennial Parents Receptive to Branded Content
Check out our new round up for brand marketers, where you'll find the most relevant new insights and research published over the last week. If you're trying to keep up, consider this your one-stop shop.
- A new Google study on Millennials done in partnership with Flamingo and Ipsos Connect revealed interesting insight for marketers: 40 per cent of Millennials are parents; on YouTube, more millennial dads watch parenting-related videos than mothers; and Millennial parents rely on guidance from multiple sources, and are fine accepting advice from companies through branded content.
- Burger King was named Marketer of the Year at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- The 2017 North American Camping Report, supported by Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA), found that 45% of Hispanic campers overall and 46% of Hispanic millennials indicating they would increase their camping trips in 2017; and that Millennials comprise 31% of the adult population, yet account for 38% of campers.
- Branding firm Vivaldi and the consultancy CMB released a report called "The Power of Social Currency" with insight on quick service restaurants. Subway came out as the top brand, followed by Olive Garden, Wendy’s, Chili’s and Cinnabon.
- In a study with Google’s Art, Copy & Code project, Lyft compared the effectiveness direct response ads to a brand ad using Shaq disguised as a driver. The Shaq ad had 2x the branding lift that the direct response ads did, an 8% higher click rate and a similar conversion rate.
- A new report by The Partnership suggests that the global cost of advertising fraud may have been undervalued: previous estimates were $7.2bn globally each year, but the real cost of ad fraud may have been as high as $12.48bn in 2016.
- Hitwise has revealed that Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Coach are the most searched-for luxury brands, receiving 63.5% of the share of online visits to the luxury apparel industry as a whole. Versace, Tom Ford and Yves Saint Laurent are very popular with Millennials.
- Visual IQ announced the results of a Facebook pilot program for telecommunications company O2 and its agency partner Havas: VO2 and Havas's conversion rates increased from 16% to as high as 123% when Facebook Custom Audience ad placements were used in combination with other digital channels.
- DMA's Marketer email tracker 2017 revealed that marketers find it increasingly difficult to make their messages interesting or relevant.