Changing Places LatAm: Fernando G.Nogueira, Javier Medrano, Peter Oppenheimer…
People change positions, get promoted or move to other companies. Portada is here to tell you about it.
Fernando Gimenez Nogueira - Jesús Benítez - US Media Consulting ::: Javier Medrano - WFA ::: Yogesh Malik - VimpelCom :::
US Media Consulting appointed Fernando Gimenez Nogueira (photo) as director of its Mexico office. Gimenez will lead all operational aspects of US Media Consulting's Mexico unit. Prior office manager Jesús Benítez, will continue but exclusively focusing on sales.
Apple's Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Peter Oppenheimer will retire from his duties at the end of September. Oppenheimer's departure was credited to wanting time for himself and his family. Oppenheimer's successor has been named. Current Vice President of Finance and Corporate Controller Luca Maestri will assume the SVP and CFO positions in September.
The World Federation of Advertisers has named a new leadership team with 12 new appointments to its executive committee and other senior positions. Javier Medrano, Senior Vice-President of Marketing at Grupo Bimbo (photo) has been named Regional VP for Latin America.
Pernod Ricard’s CMO, Martin Riley, remains President, Matthias Berninger, Vice-President of Public Affairs at Mars, named Deputy President. All of the appointments will serve two-year terms.
Those taking up senior positions include:
- Martin Riley, CMO at Pernod Ricard, remains President, a position he was appointed to in March 2013.
- Matthias Berninger, Vice-President, Public Affairs, Mars becomes Deputy President. He replaces Stephen Kehoe, Head of Global Financial Inclusion & Regional Corporate Relations, VISA Worldwide.
- Mike Hughes, Director General of the Incorporated Society of British Advertisers (ISBA) becomes Treasurer of the WFA. He replaces Gérard Noël, Vice President & Director General of the French Advertisers Association (UDA).
- Loïc Armand, President, L’Oréal France, becomes the new Regional Vice-President for Western Europe. He replaces Paul Jackson, formerly External Advertising Affairs Director at Mars.
- Idorenyen Enang, Managing Director for Central & West Africa at L’Oréal becomes the new Regional Vice-President for Africa. He previously undertook the same role between 2010 and 2012 when working for Samsung. Since 2012, the post has remained empty.
- Javier Medrano, Senior Vice-President of Marketing at Grupo Bimbo, will become the Regional Vice President for Latin America from July 1 this year. He will replace Mario Davis, President of the Chilean Advertisers Association (ANDA Chile).
Gerardo de la Vega is leaving his position as Marketing Manager at the Yahoo! Mexico office.