Global advertising to grow 4.6% in 2013, Brazil will overtake UK as fifth largest ad market
ZenithOptimedia has released its updated 2013 advertising expenditure forecasts. Here is a brief summary with the most important details:
- Global ad expenditure growth forecast to rise from 3.8% in 2012 to 4.6% in 2013 and 5.2% in 2014
- Emerging markets will grow 8% in 2013.
- Latin America will end the year with a growth of 7.7%, which will rise to 10.1% in 2013 and then to 8.7% in 2014.
- Internet advertising will grow 15% in 2013.
- Eurozone will return to slow growth in 2013, after a decline of ad expenditure in 2012.
- The US will contribute 29% of adspend growth between 2011 and 2014, emerging markets will contribute 59%.
- European football championship, Olympics and US elections will help TV get a record 40.4% of global adspend in 2012.
- Digital media, particularly internet ads, are supplying most of the growth in spend my medium. Internet advertising will grow 15.1% in 2013, traditional media only 2.3%.
- June’s forecast for global growth in 2012 has been reduced from 4.3% to 3.8%.
- Eurozone in problems. Spain in third last place with -12.2%, after Greece (-33.2%) and Portugal (-13%)
- Brazil will be the third contributor to adspend growth by 2014 and will overtake UK to become the fifth largest ad market by 2013.
- Global adspend in newspapers and magazines will show decreases in share of total advertising. In newspapers, share will decrease from 18.9% in 2012 to 16.8% by 2014. Magazine ad share will decrease from 8.8% in 2012 to 7.9% by 2014.
Trackback from your site.