Two New Campaigns: Nestle and Chrysler
Two important campaigns targeting the Hispanic population have been introduced this week:
Nestle – TV, Social Media, Website, In-Store Marketing
Nestle USA launched Construye el Mejor Nido (“Create the Best Nest”), a new communication platform that uses Nestlé’s nutrition, health & wellness expertise to help Hispanic consumers nurture a fulfilling family life.
“Hispanic Heritage Month is the perfect time for Nestlé USA to reaffirm its strong history of awareness, trust and expertise among Hispanic consumers,” said Juan Motta, head of Nestlé’s Emerging Markets division. “This awareness and trust stems from a strong emotional connection with authentic Nestlé brands in consumers’ home countries such as NESCAFÉ®, ABUELITA®, NIDO® and LA LECHERA®. Construye el Mejor Nido provides consumers with information on familiar brands, as well as with other Nestlé brands available in the U.S. such as JUICY JUICE® and STOUFFER’S®.”
The Construye el Mejor Nido platform includes the following elements:
- Spanish-Language Television: 76% of Hispanic consumers watch Spanish language television. Three emotional television ads were developed to demonstrate how Nestlé products fit into Hispanic consumers’ everyday life and help them to nurture their family’s lives. The ads also leverage and reinforce Nestlé’s iconography of the “nest” in the Nestlé corporate logo which conveys family, trust and well-being to Hispanics. This is the first time that this has been brought to life in the U.S.
- Social Media: Facebook reaches 98% of Hispanic women 35-49 who go online. Facebook.com/ElMejorNido was created so that consumers can engage with the brand and each other, find cultural connection and share recipes and tips. The Facebook page also features contributions from Hispanic bloggers who represent a variety of Latino backgrounds.
- Bilingual Lifestyle Website: 52% of Hispanics are online, and 47% visit Spanish-language sites daily. A new bilingual website, www.ElMejorNido.com, is designed for Hispanic families and features Hispanic bloggers and tips, articles, recipes and videos on food, wellness, culture and parenting. The site provides families with the tools to “create their best nests,” and includes an option for visitors to opt-in to receive ongoing communications that provide nutrition tips, new product introductions, ideas for connecting with their culture and special offers.
- In-Store Marketing: Research indicates that Hispanic consumers shop multiple channels each week, so Construye El Mejor Nido will reach Hispanic shoppers in both independent and mainstream stores through culturally relevant in-store circulars, bilingual door hangers, and recipe booklets.
- Engaging Sampling – Sampling is an important means for consumers to try new products. Nestlé is partnering with Hispanic families as part of their real life celebrations via the distribution of “Fiesta Packs” filled with Nestlé products, recipes, and party supplies. The packs provide consumers with high value samples, while introducing them to new products.
Chrysler Ram Truck: TV, radio, print, newspapers and digital media
The Ram Truck brand is connecting with the Hispanic community through a new advertising campaign focusing on the important values of hard work, dedication, and commitment to family and community. “A Todo, Con Todo” is the brand’s most comprehensive Hispanic campaign to date and is the first Ram brand Hispanic campaign to include television, radio, print, newspapers and digital media. It will run in the 15 top Hispanic markets and was produced in both Spanish and English languages.
The campaign, which debuts Oct. 3, features the true stories of Arturo Barcelo and Ascension Banuelos, bi-lingual Ram truck owners from Texas who are successful in work and life. They speak honestly and unscripted about what values are important to them and how the Ram truck is an extension of their lives. Barcelo owns a home improvement construction company in Dallas and drives a Ram 1500. Banuelos owns a Ram 3500 and manages a horse training ranch in Jacksboro (Texas).
Large pickup trucks are one of the top selling segments among Latinos and the Ram 1500 and Ram 2500 are among the best performing Chrysler Group nameplates with Hispanic consumers.
The campaign launches with a mix of brand- and product-focused 30-second TV spots, 60-second radio ads, and print ads. The ads will be placed on Hispanic television networks and stations, such as Telemundo and Univision; in national Hispanic magazines including Hispanic Business, ESPN La Revista and Automundo; and in Spanish language local newspapers and radio stations in 15 markets including Albuquerque, Miami, Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles, Denver and nine Texas communities. The ads will also run on in-language websites.
Custom Website and Yahoo - Partnership
The Ram Truck brand’s ongoing commitment to the Latino market extends beyond the new advertising campaign. A Spanish-language brand website, http://es.ramtrucks.com, launched September 2 and Ram is partnering with Yahoo! En Espanol to launch a first-ever Mexican regional music channel later this year.
The campaign was created by the Dallas-based Richards/Lerma agency, the Hispanic marketing arm of the Ram brand’s agency-of-record, The Richards Group.
Campaign ads are available for media download at www.media.chrysler.com.
Trackback from your site.