Best Practices: Intuit’s TurboTax Campaign by iHispano.com
Rudy Martinez, CEO at iHispano.com, presented at our Fourth Annual Hispanic Digital and Print Media Conference, a case study about Turbotax and how to engage Hispanic consumers with a Tax Software. Below is an abstract of the main challenges Turbotax faced and how iHispano.com tried to solve them by connecting with Hispanics and generating traffics and clicks.
Convince prospective consumers to use TurboTax by leveraging a free offering to engage and get them to click through, subsequently convincing them to start working with the product. Special focus was given to the pilot product TurboTax en Español.
Hispanic consumers who are open to using tax software, don't perceive their taxes to be complex, are value seekers, and currently use a tax store or a pro.
This group needed to:
• Get the biggest refund possible
• Get their taxes done easily with help if they need it
• Feel safe from an audit
• Gain insights for the development of culturally relevant messaging
• A/B test the impact of language in overall conversion
• Landing Page
• Dedicated Email and Newsletter Insert
• Online Poll
• Identify properties & placements where TurboTax messaging performs best
• Understand Hispanics’ attitudes towards tax preparation, current tax prep method, likelihood to use tax software, language preference for tax prep (email survey)
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
• DART Adapt provided automatic optimization on response
• Online Re-targeting allowed for the determination of high-value consumers
• Tracking pixels that allow the evaluation of best sources for leads/sales
• Customized ads
• An experienced team who understands the relevance of language and culture
• Open and direct communication with client
• Distribution that included the entire PDN ad network
• One-to-one client service
• Daily monitoring and optimization of campaign
• Continuous reporting
• Daily analysis
• A/B testing yielded double digit differences between language and creative preferences allowing client to properly structure future campaigns.
• Dedicated email received open rates of over 20%.
• Newsletter inserts received open rates of over 15%.
• Survey responses provided client with healthy insights on attitudes towards taxes and tax preparation.
Trackback from your site.